Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  Help With Migration To Enigma2 PVRs e.g. MiracleBox, XTrend

Page 7 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
ccs
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2007 Posts: 2399
The ok button will show the progress bar.

There's no facility to automatically join up a program split by a news bulletin.

Record the first part, and then edit the timer to finish after the second part.

Or simply record both parts separately. Pre and post paddings won't get in the way.

ccsx
alan_m
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Posts: 3443
MickKi wrote:

When I play back a recording what button can I press to see a progress bar - how much longer is there to play?

Also if you use the jump forward/back buttons to skip through adverts the progress bar will appear

Jump forward during a recording is the 3, 6 or 9 button
Jump backwards during a recording is the 1, 4 or 7 button

The jump times are user configured in one of the set-up menus with the limitation that the same times apply to forward and backwards.

In addition the < and> buttons just below the 7 and 9 keys will allow you to jump to the start/stop markers bypassing the pre/post padding times.

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Aug 2008 Posts: 203
Thank you again alan_m, I think our migration from Toppy to OpenVIX is pretty much complete. The mut@ant hardware is much more responsive than our toppy, as well as being 4k and capable to stream/move recordings over the LAN at full speed. We're still missing MyStuff though. Smile

TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmSy+EvPeUWf
TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; PruneEPG 1.0; MyInfo B5.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 7/11/15
alan_m
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 pm Reply with quote
MickKi wrote:
Thank you alan_m,

Your advice has been most useful! I found out that sub-filters can be set up using the yellow button on the RCU to include/exclude weekdays.

I assume that you also found that once in that menu pressing blue (NEW) will give you the additional option to include/exclude individual days. Pressing blue multiple times gives the options to include/exclude multiple individual days.

Pressing the help button on the remote whilst watching normal TV gives help on all the remote functions - with a selectable menu option.

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
Yes, we've surmised it's easy enough to configure timers once you know how to and the additional/stacked filters offer a lot of flexibility. Thanks again for your help.

TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; PruneEPG 1.0; MyInfo B5.6;
MickKi
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
One more:

With MyStuff when clicking on Text in the RCU after rewinding a bit of the timeshifted program, brings you to the start of the recording/timeshift.

What's the equivalent one button action on OpenVix?

alan_m
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 pm Reply with quote
MickKi wrote:
One more:

With MyStuff when clicking on Text in the RCU after rewinding a bit of the timeshifted program, brings you to the start of the recording/timeshift.

What's the equivalent one button action on OpenVix?

The < and > keys that are just below 7 and 9 buttons on the remote[1] allow you to jump to markers. In timeshift when the program ends you may find that instead of continuing on to the next program in the chase play buffer it repeats the one you have just watched. Pressing the > key gets you over this barrier. Similarly < jumps to a previous timeshift program.
When watching a recording the same keys move to the padding markers or any other marker that you may have added (press 0 while watching a recording to add the marker).

As mentioned previously, while watching normal TV press the help button on the remote[1] to get a picture of the remote and then continually press the down arrow so each button is highlighted in turn with its description.

[1]
I have a different box so the keys may in a different place on your remote. Your remote may be different in the functionality it selects
The < and > are not the keys in the up/down/left/right/ok cluster
My remote looks like
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/help_screen/

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:25 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1759 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
MickKi wrote:
We are still struggling to understand the difference between timers and autotimers, how they may interact,
A timer does the actual recording.
An autotimer is a search rule that will set-up a timer.

Quote:
or how to set up a recurring timer for only some days (say Mon-Fri), etc.
If you want to record the same channel at the same time on particular days of the week you set up a repeating timer (which is not an autotimer).

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
MickKi
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Thank you both. I found that the < and > keys behave differently depending if I am playing back a recording, or watching live.

Playing back a recording works as described, it goes at the previous/next marker in the recording. Pressing 0 adds a marker.

When watching live however, the < and > keys bring up on the OSD the recent zap history, rather than jumping to the start of the timeshift. If I rewind or pause the timeshift then the < key will jump to the start - so it is a two step process. Pressing 0 sets a single marker and I can return to it if I press 0 again, but not if I use the < and > keys. If I press > it jumps to the end of the timeshift, switches to watching live again and then the < and > keys bring up the recent zap history once more.

My RCU is different than alan_m's; I think each model has a different RCU depending what is shipping from the depths of Asia at the time. I have used the Help button on the RCU, but not all settings make sense, or behave as described. For example, the Up button on the central cluster (around the OK button) is meant to "Toggle a cut mark at the current position", but instead it brings up the list of recordings.

Also, the Forward/Fast Forward appear to produce exactly the same output, forwarding the recording at stepped speeds depending on how many times they are pressed. Holding any one of them down allows to define the minutes for skipping forward, but it will not start a continues fast forward playback as it did on MyStuff. Ditto with the Backward/Fast Backward, but of course in the reverse direction.

leshay
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Oct 2005 Posts: 383
Hi

My current setup consists of a single fixed dish with a quad LNB, 4 cables to box, one for each of the 4 tuners in the box.

If I were to change from my Toppy today (and assuming I also wanted to change to FreeSat rather than FreeView), I would go down the Unicable route.

I don't as yet fully understand this type of system, but as I understand it, with a box using Full-Band Capture (FBC) digital tuner(s), a suitable LNB, a single cable can provide feeds to multiple boxes all with full EPG and recording multiple/any channel capability.

There are (apparently) several boxes available with this sort of technology, one is GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K, which has quite an impressive list of capabilities.

Basically, the same technology of the new Sky boxes (but Sky have apparently tried to restrict their version somewhat)