<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  is my toppy on way out

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 3963
Quote:
i had all the psu changed and bought a spare"

Buying a spare may mean from TurboSat - if so then it will need the caps replaced before it is fitted. Likewise, if they repaired it, they won't have replaced all the caps, just the one that failed,

If andyfras replaced the caps, he will have written his initials and a date on the board (probably the underside when looked from the top!) - but that assumes you are happy taking the board out to take a look (or look on the back of your spare in case that is the one andy repaired)

If you are comfortable delving inside the toppy then you could swap the disks between two of the toppies; this would put different toppy hardware in your main viewing area (if that is where it is).

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/16
cladder57
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Jun 2011 Posts: 54
i was just going to say everything running alright for the last 2 weeks.
the today iwas recording a program and decided to record another one then it did a Verifying Files and Folders and then i had to retune because it seem to have lost the channels.
it did another Verifying Files and Folders, got suck on my stuff back up so i switched it off and changed psu the other thing i notice latley never used to do when a recording stops or starts the picture goes black for a few seconds and when you move thru epg fast, not everytime but it dose a Verifying Files and Folders would it be the mother board

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 3963
You could have just been unlucky (my toppy crashes every now and again) or it could be the power supply.

Suggest you put the failing board back in and try it again. If it repeats then get andyfras to look at the board.

You could try swapping the psu with that in one of your other toppies (just in case your "spare" also has a fault).

[edit]The record button on the remote is right next to the Text button. Did you accidentally press Text (fat finger) ? - this is an alternate method of starting Interactive Sevices (IA). I use the QuickJump tap to "swallow" the Text Button.
[/edit]

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/16