Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  MyStuff not booting on my 5800?

Page 1 of 1
Grand Dizzy
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2009 Posts: 90
Hi, wonder if anyone can help…

Due to a poor aerial signal (getting it fixed soon) my Toppy often crashes.

After a reboot it sometimes shows the "checking files for errors" screen, but sometimes it doesn't, and just hangs on the default Toppy info box for the current channel with controls locked out.

After several reboots/ power offs, it sometimes becomes useable without hard drive access. Then after even more resetting, I will eventually get lucky and it will show the "checking files" message, after which MyStuff will start loading!

But just wondered if there was some tip that could make it work better? (Other than getting my aerial fixed, which I am doing!)

(I'd normally search through the forums to find an answer to this but at the minute my internet access is really limited, sorry.)

Cheers
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 3941
I think you accidentally posted this when thanking me for fixing it in another post!
Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/16
Grand Dizzy
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2009 Posts: 90
Geoff Bacon wrote:
I think you accidentally posted this when thanking me for fixing it in another post!
Geoff

Yes you did fix my box and recovered my data, and did a great job, thank you. But due to my poor aerial signal I still have problems with it crashing, which is not your fault at all. I do get it working eventually, just by restarting over and over. Just wondered if there was an easier way, or any tips? But since I'll be upgrading the aerial soon I guess it's not a massive deal.
juwlz
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
The only thing I can think of is to delete the channels with the poorest signals.

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012