Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  'D' icons missing from N&N

Page 1 of 1
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 677
I set the EPG search timer at 7am on ITV4+1 and tell it not to turn off till 11pm. Timeshift is on, but with nothing on ITV4+1 the disk spins down. This afternoon I came to the Toppy and found it was off, which was strange. How would the Toppy be off?

Now I cannot see any 'D' icons next to programmes in Now & Next. If I press the SloMo key on a programme in N&N that should have a 'D', it opens the appropriate search. I hope I'm not imagining it, but I'm sure that there also used to be 'D's in a PS - when I press the right arrow within the search, I get the recording 'S's, but no 'D's.

I tried looking through all the options to see if anything has changed, but I couldn't see anything. I tried recovering solely the options from within MS, but the Toppy rebooted both times when I tried to do that. The MS options export file was created with 0 bytes before it crashed. I guess I have a disk issue with one of the sectors used by MyStuff.Dat or the export file, so in the end I renamed MyStuff.Dat and copied an earlier backup onto the Toppy and renamed it. Still I have no 'D' icons

I'm guessing a crash has damaged something, but I can't guess what. I also can't see why the Toppy should be off this afternoon unless it failed to start at all this morning. I've run fsCheck and it reports no errors - I only put a new disk in six or so weeks ago...

Any thoughts on what might have happened and how to get my 'D's back?

TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:50 am Reply with quote
Well it seems to be something to do with the particular PS for "Big Bang Theory" rather than the display. The PS had 34 timer groups, but nothing was displayed. I changed one character in the search and deleted all the groups when asked. When I restored the correct spelling, it found 14 groups and all the 'D's reappeared...

Still unclear why the Toppy was off and restoring MS options should repeatably crash the box, though.

YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:13 am Reply with quote
Still not fixed. The icons reappear when I "reboot" the PS, but they'd disappeared by the time I'd looked at it again last night. It's happening with a couple of PSs, but not all. The ones I've noticed do have quite a few timer groups.

Is there anyone out there still, or am I talking to myself?

BobD
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:22 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4215 Location: Nottingham
Do the Ds appear in the expanded Search view in the Archive?

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
juwlz
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:25 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10806 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
... and how long ago were the episodes that you're expecting to have Ds recorded? I think the "save/remember/treat as relevant" limit is 6 months (unless you've changed it in your settings).

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Sorry - just got back from a long weekend in the Lakes...

Apologies if I've got the terminology wrong. When I select a programme in N&N that I would expect to have a 'D' next to it and press SloMo, the appropriate search is brought up in the Archive. If I open that and press the right arrow, nothing is displayed. If I change the search string and delete the existing search groups, then change it back to the correct search string, 'D's are displayed in the screen when I've pressed right arrow. They are also displayed in N&N. When I go back and look again some time later, the 'D's have both disappeared again.

juwlz - I didn't realised that that setting could cause that behaviour. It seems odd that they would appear and then disappear some time later.

The search which I initially noticed is for "Big Bang Theory" on "All 4's", which I initially setup as a TS with time limits when they started at S1E1 again one evening. They seem to show several series concurrently as well as themed groups, so I didn't want to fill up my disk with later episodes till I was ready to watch them. Later on I did change it to a PS and managed the episodes manually, copying them off the box to be watched later. Now after 8 (or is it 10?) series of 20-odd episodes I've caught up, so I'm waiting for the next series to run. However, the same thing is happening with another search, but I can't remember which, so I'll have to wait till I get home.

BobD
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:55 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4215 Location: Nottingham
So do you have Ds displayed for any other Searches (ones that stay around after reboots I mean)?

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
juwlz
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10806 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
The serieslink data is only guaranteed not to be reused for 6 months. After that it has to be considered invalid… or it may cause erroneous results.

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 am Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
So do you have Ds displayed for any other Searches (ones that stay around after reboots I mean)?
They were - some were displayed and some weren't. Though if the icons did stop displaying and start again, it could be that they were displaying that behaviour rather than always being there IYKWIM. I should elaborate on my earlier post that there were no entries whatsoever in the expanded search view in the Archive (rather than rows with 'D's missing)

I use the past tense as the 'D's for BBT were there again yesterday evening. The other search that displayed the same symptoms was for Fifth Gear, but that is behaving normally too. I didn't touch the box from Friday afternoon till last (Monday) night, and everything seems back to normal. I did a quick check this morning, and it still looks fine.

I do wonder if it was related to the box being unexpectedly off, but I can't see how that would have happened in the first place. It always restarts to 'On' if it crashes. Another option is that the wake timer didn't fire, but I've never seen that happen before either!

I'll keep an eye out, but it looks like everything's running smoothly again, so thanks very much for the help