Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Bugs  ~  Prog folders reinitialised, Data folder fine

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
k9oxon
Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Aug 2005 Posts: 48 Location: Devon (Caradon Hill X'mttr)
Thank you Julie for a fascinating article on memory. I'll make sure their machine goes into standby daily. I do get a sense that our - sometimes - ten year old machines are increasingly struggling with old age and increased demand.

Yes I do use channel organiser and have now loaded it on friends' machine. An excellent tap, with impressive improvements in functionality over the years! (for example signal levels....and yes his channels are all on 100/100)

Ron

juwlz
Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:30 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
k9oxon wrote:
Thank you Julie for a fascinating article on memory. I'll make sure their machine goes into standby daily. I do get a sense that our - sometimes - ten year old machines are increasingly struggling with old age and increased demand.
You're welcome.
Quote:
Yes I do use channel organiser and have now loaded it on friends' machine. An excellent tap, with impressive improvements in functionality over the years! (for example signal levels....and yes his channels are all on 100/100)
That's not necessarily good news. It could indicate that the signal is too strong, which can cause problems of its own (although that's very much getting out of my area of expertise). The Signal Monitor TAP (in the Utilities folder, if you've used the MyStuff installer) will give more detailed information

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
k9oxon
Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Aug 2005 Posts: 48 Location: Devon (Caradon Hill X'mttr)
So, he does go into standby at least once (most) days. We refreshed channels; so can wait and see.

We do have one other problem, in that when we press the info button when in EPGNavigator, he used to get information but now, mostly gets C31.

I feel instinctively a patch has been loaded as part of the mystuff install that conflicts with EPGN, but beyond my comfort zone, here. EPGNav has been set up to use DE tap, if that is relevant.

One other thing which may, or may not, be a clue is that after doing the mystuff install, mystuff froze loading. I then deleted the mystuff tap (see Geoff's patch earlier) rebooted, but could not get toppy to respond to keys. Then rebooted tapless and discovered experimentally that it was the SecCache tap that caused the problem. But even without that (and with all other mystuff install taps - apart ironically from mystuff), still C31.
Ron

ccs
Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2007 Posts: 2379
Any help?

I can't imagine that SecCache would cause any problems.

ccsx