Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  volume control stopped working on my topfield 5800 HEELPP

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
mrmos
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote
eye of ra wrote:
My guess will be you have the TV connected in to the wrong scart, as the volume control only has an effect on one of them. Having said that I don?t think you would get the bar running up and down as it also only gives graphics over one scart. But I would have a look anyway.

In case anyone's interested, this is indeed the solution for this weird problem.

On my 5800 located in a cabinet, the rear SCART cable fell off and I blindly hooked it back up by feel. I must have inadvertently put it in the wrong (VCR) socket because the volume control no longer worked with the remote.

The other issue was the TV no longer auto switched over to the SCART input when the Toppy was switched on from off so it appears the VCR connection was obviously not geared to sending a sync signal the other way.

Apologies for the bump but I found this thread via the search facility and hope it helps someone else.

TF5810, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009
TAPs: EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5; SecCache (UK) v0.4; TAP Commander 1.34; UK Timers v1.2c;
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:47 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5955 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
No apology needed Very Happy

Using search and confirming that the solution applied to you, all adds to the quality of information on the forums.

Cool

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13