Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Failed to hook the firmware

Page 1 of 1
Jeddy
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Dec 2008 Posts: 117
Hi,
Can someone give me a pointer please?

My other half has started getting a message 'Failed to hook the firmware' on startup of her TF5800 (similar taps and firmware etc to mine I believe but possibly missing one or two).

I'm guessing it is MyStuff related (apologies if not).

It happens after the channel logo displays at the bottom of the screen, just as it clears - and I think it was before it goes into the L and S roundels.

The unit is working ok as far as I'm aware (she's not exactly a power user but hasn't complained of missing recording etc.).
I'm not sure but this could have started after I installed and ran Channel Organiser on the box (she was getting error msgs about a couple of duplicate channels we seem to have picked up, which I've obviously fixed now).

Thanks,
Jeddy

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 2893 Location: Bristol ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Windows XP, USB
Well if you are running MS 6.2 and she is running the same version then you should both upgrade to MS 6.4 ASAP (6.4 makes fewer calls to a Topfield function that has been implicated in wiping disk drives). This would also give an opportunity to upgrade MyInfo to B5.6

Whether that fixes the problem is another matter.

Suggest you post the MyInfo Log just in case there is anything obvious (like you have removed wrong duplicates).

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; Font Manager 1.0d; EPG2MEI v0.96; CrashTrace v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 6/9/13
™
juwlz
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:42 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10280 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
I'm guessing that unless it's a hardware issue, we'll need BobD's input on this one. It's not an error I recall coming across before.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
BobD
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4180 Location: Nottingham
I'll check the code later but I am fairly sure that I would only display this message in response to the firebird lib not initialising correctly. I have no idea why it might not do so though. I will be in front of the code this afternoon so will take a look then.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
Jeddy
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I think this may have to go down as a probable user error!
While booting the toppy to confirm the MyInfo data I noticed that at the top of the window the msg appeared in said something like MP Display (it only displays the msg for a second or so). However that did give me the pointer I needed.
Yesterday I also copied across the MPDisplay tap however I didn't get around to configuring it properly (I was in channel fixing mode) so I moved it from autostart into another folder (using the toppy file management rather than altair etc.).
Having noticed the extra MPDisplay info today I thought I'd just delete the tap totally and to my surprise noticed it still in autostart, (Did I just copy rather than move, or just muck up the move somehow)?
Anyway, having deleted it the msg no longer appears on boot. Problem sorted.

Oops! My sig is way out of date! Now fixed.

Apologies and thanks.
Jeddy

juwlz
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10280 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Jeddy wrote:
Yesterday I also copied across the MPDisplay tap however I didn't get around to configuring it properly (I was in channel fixing mode) so I moved it from autostart into another folder (using the toppy file management rather than altair etc.).
Having noticed the extra MPDisplay info today I thought I'd just delete the tap totally and to my surprise noticed it still in autostart, (Did I just copy rather than move, or just muck up the move somehow)?
It's more likely that the Toppy refused to let you move it because it was running.
Quote:
Anyway, having deleted it the msg no longer appears on boot. Problem sorted.
I'd be surprised if any of this had anything to do with the error you were seeing, unless it was MPDisplay itself that was throwing up the error.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Jeddy
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Ah, that may explain why it didn't move then. Thanks.

I think the box in which the message appeared did sort of have a title / heading of MPDisplay, so I'm guessing that tap which was probably causing the message.

Thanks,
Jeddy