Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  OZ Toppies  ~  Using TF7100HD Plus in the UK

Page 1 of 1
Oatway
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
G'day,

Brought my Toppy back to the UK and trying to get it setup, I thought I could just search for digital channels as normal but it seems to just search on Aussie channel frequencies.

Is there a way to change this, perhaps a firmware update or re-install??

Many thanks in advance for any help...hating not being able to record my shows!

Cheers

Craig
ryclark
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Posts: 1525 Location: Shropshire
I assume you have done a Factory Reset before you tried scanning for channels? It does include VHF which isn't used for DTT here in the UK although UHF channels 21-69 should be OK. I would find out which transmitter you are using and what it's channel allocations are and try tuning them in manually one at a time.

You won't, of course, get any HD channels here because they use DVB T2 standard and are MPEG4 encoded.

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:36 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback, I'm not sure how to determine the tuners that I have... although I did do a factory reset on the options menu and it didn't do me any good. Pretty disappointed about the HD channels as well, the guy at JB Hi-Fi assured me it would all work fine in the UK - anything for a quick sale I guess!

I'll keep pluggin away Very Happy