Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  New user, old and not working Toppy!

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
andyfras
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3060 Location: Fleet, Hampshire (Hannington)
Sudbury_Dave wrote:
I took the drive out, connected it to a PC via a USB adaptor and it identified itself but it is no longer a box to store bits in!

Were you running TopfHDRW on the PC? If not, the PC will not recognise the file format used by Topfield.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 1TB with fan, Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScWfZ
Sudbury_Dave
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I tried that and it complained of not being able to find a Toppy disc.

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.5; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 14/7/13
Sudbury_Dave
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:27 am Reply with quote
Just to let everyone know, my Toppy is back up working with a 1TB disc installed.
I bought a Seagate ST1000DL002 and a Lycom ST-106-2 adaptor from Scan. I cut a spare 80 wire IDE lead down and drilled a hole in the blank space. The spec on this 'green' drive shows a lower power requirement than the original 250GB hard disc.
I even managed to copy the few programs that had been recorded on the old test drive over to the new one using TopfHDRW, very useful software. I did that to prove that my USB external rig was working and the old drive really was dead.

Many thanks for all of the advice given to help me in sorting the Toppy out.

TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.5; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 14/7/13