Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  One For All - URC 7960

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
gomezz
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3880 Location: Buckingham
Hu Justin, while you are on here perhaps you could answer me a question. I have used a 7556 for years and it is perfect for my needs except the TV select button is now a bit soggy and hit and miss so I was thinking of getting a new 7556. But one quibble is that I have filled up the Key Magic memory (meaning I have had to compromise on VCR and DVDR functionality) and was wondering if the new ones have more memory?

andyfras
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3060 Location: Fleet, Hampshire (Hannington)
gomezz wrote:
I have used a 7556 for years and it is perfect for my needs except the TV select button is now a bit soggy and hit and miss

Mine too!

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 1TB with fan, Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScWfZ
itbloke
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Hey Justin,

Thanks for the advice, it was very much appreciated. Well managed to get a URC7962 Smart Motion, used the code you, gave me earlier in this thread, and it mostly worked, the white key I as able to map using the learning function on the unit, I also managed to map the MyStuff Archive/Recording key, to the list key, which now puts it in a far more convenient and easy to use place on the remote, so all in all quite successful and actually functional.

However the main and to be fair quite strange problem, is the volume keys, if you press them they simply scroll through past and present shows on the info bar, however if you press the mute key, it works perfectly and even makes the volume slider graphic appear in the top left hand corner of the screen, and strangely whilst the slider is on screen the volume control keys then function as volume control keys until the slider disappears and then they revert to the now and next info function.

Considering the unit seamlessly managed to do everything else your company claimed, on quite hight levels it is annoying that you can't adjust the volume with out first hitting the mute key.

So I was wondering if you could help us with a fix or workaround if you know one, I had initially thought about using the learning function, but then realized that the volume keys where actually broken on my old remote so could not do that.

Anyway once again thanks for all the support on this matter, this thread seems to be on Google searches now so it would be a good place to put up the answers and will probably save you a lot of time if we can publish the solution here.

Kind Regards & Best Wishes - Ashe.
One For All Webcare
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
gomezz wrote:
Hu Justin, while you are on here perhaps you could answer me a question. I have used a 7556 for years and it is perfect for my needs except the TV select button is now a bit soggy and hit and miss so I was thinking of getting a new 7556. But one quibble is that I have filled up the Key Magic memory (meaning I have had to compromise on VCR and DVDR functionality) and was wondering if the new ones have more memory?

Hi Gomezz,

I would advise the Urc 7962 or 7960 since this has a bigger memory then the Urc 7556.

Kind regards,
Justin
One For all webcare
One For All Webcare
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
itbloke wrote:
Hey Justin,

Thanks for the advice, it was very much appreciated. Well managed to get a URC7962 Smart Motion, used the code you, gave me earlier in this thread, and it mostly worked, the white key I as able to map using the learning function on the unit, I also managed to map the MyStuff Archive/Recording key, to the list key, which now puts it in a far more convenient and easy to use place on the remote, so all in all quite successful and actually functional.

However the main and to be fair quite strange problem, is the volume keys, if you press them they simply scroll through past and present shows on the info bar, however if you press the mute key, it works perfectly and even makes the volume slider graphic appear in the top left hand corner of the screen, and strangely whilst the slider is on screen the volume control keys then function as volume control keys until the slider disappears and then they revert to the now and next info function.

Considering the unit seamlessly managed to do everything else your company claimed, on quite hight levels it is annoying that you can't adjust the volume with out first hitting the mute key.

So I was wondering if you could help us with a fix or workaround if you know one, I had initially thought about using the learning function, but then realized that the volume keys where actually broken on my old remote so could not do that.

Anyway once again thanks for all the support on this matter, this thread seems to be on Google searches now so it would be a good place to put up the answers and will probably save you a lot of time if we can publish the solution here.

Hey Ashe,

With the key magic procedure you can program the Vol + and Vol - using the codes, 00568 for Vol - and 00296 Vol +.

If you require any further assitance just ask here or, send me an email on webcare@uebv.com.

Kind regards,
Justin
One For All Webcare
itbloke
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
One For All Webcare wrote:

Hey Ashe,

With the key magic procedure you can program the Vol + and Vol - using the codes, 00568 for Vol - and 00296 Vol +.

If you require any further assistance just ask here or, send me an email on webcare@uebv.com.

Kind regards,
Justin
One For All Webcare

Hey Justin,

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly and awfully sorry to be such a pain with this, also thanks for the codes and the tip to get my volume keys working without first pressing the mute key.

Gave them a try last night, by following the online manual instructions IE;

1. Selected my mode, STB, which is what I am running it from
2. Pressed and held Magic key for 3 secs till blue light flashes twice,
3. Dialed 994 - (the blue light again blinks twice)
4. Pressed and released the Magic Key again.
5. Then inputted your code: 00568 for Volume Down,
6. Then Pressed the actual Volume down key.

All goes well till I press the Magic key for a second time, the handset then reverts out of Magic key mode to normal remote mode, then the your code simple serves to reset the aspect ration and dial channel 568 which does not exist. I tried the same thing with the Volume up code 00296 but still with the same effect and no fix on the volume key, even tried without the second magic key press before the code, still nothing.

So I was wondering in the interest of smoothing this whole thing out for all to see could you run through the actual setting process of the codes on the remote, so I can see where I am going wrong.

Once again many thanks for all your kind support with this, I look forward to hearing from you in the near future and finally getting my volume key working independently of the mute key.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes - Ashe.
One For All Webcare
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
itbloke wrote:

Hey Ashe,

If you require any further assistance just ask here or, send me an email on webcare@uebv.com.

Kind regards,
Justin
One For All Webcare

Hey Justin,

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly and awfully sorry to be such a pain with this, also thanks for the codes and the tip to get my volume keys working without first pressing the mute key.

All goes well till I press the Magic key for a second time, the handset then reverts out of Magic key mode to normal remote mode, then the your code simple serves to reset the aspect ration and dial channel 568 which does not exist. I tried the same thing with the Volume up code 00296 but still with the same effect and no fix on the volume key, even tried without the second magic key press before the code, still nothing.

So I was wondering in the interest of smoothing this whole thing out for all to see could you run through the actual setting process of the codes on the remote, so I can see where I am going wrong.

Once again many thanks for all your kind support with this, I look forward to hearing from you in the near future and finally getting my volume key working independently of the mute key.

Hey Ashe,

No problem, please contact me on webcare@uebv.com So I can review and make sure the volume keys will operate properly.

Kind regards,
Justin
One For All Webcare
itbloke
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
itbloke wrote:

Hey Ashe,

Kind regards,
Justin
One For All Webcare

Hey Justin,

Hey Ashe,

No problem, please contact me on webcare@uebv.com So I can review and make sure the volume keys will operate properly.

Kind regards,
Justin
One For All Webcare

Hey Justin,

They do work properly it's just you have to hit the mute key first to activate them, then they work just fine, have just E-Mailed - webcare@uebv.com so we can get it checked out.