Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  TF5100PVRt (HDMI)

Page 1 of 1
torwood
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Hello I am new to the forum and fairly new to playing with TAPs. I have searched the forums and can not find any information on my toppy - a TF5100PVRt which I brought to the UK from Finland. I have tried to install Mystuff with mixed success.

1 - My firmware will not accept patches (MhOtRe)
2 - My stuff hangs when starting a recording from timer and produces bad files
3 - When using EPG2MEI my channels and the freeview program information are out of sync

Re issue 2 I have tracked it down to the Extend and EIT Sub TAPs as removing them allows timer reordings to work properply.

Re issue 3 I am now using eit2mei TAP which solves that problem, but it does not appear to harvest the information as quickly as EPG2MEI.

Does anyone have experience of installing Mystuff on this model and experience and solutions for the problems I have listed.

Lastly does anyone know of a TAP that I can use to organise and manage the channels as Channel Organiser and FastScanGui do not work on my toppy.

Thanks for any help

ccs
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2007 Posts: 1821 Location: E Yorkshire Belmont Transmitter
This type of search parameter on google might come up with more results "tf5100 mystuff site:toppy.org.uk"

ccsx
juwlz
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10281 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Hi

Re Q1, as far as I know, MhOtRe are all specific to UK Toppies (i.e. 5800 / 5810), so I'm not hugely surprised that your 5100 won't install them.

Extend relies on the broadcaster's "Accurate" signals, which I believe is another UK-specific feature. Again, I'm not surprised that a Finnish model doesn't understand them - although Extend should only come into play at the END of a recording, not at the start. You can find more about EIT_sub here, and in the thread linked from there.

My understanding is that EPG2MEI hooks more deeply into the 58xx firmware than eit2mei, and this is probably why it doesn't work on your 5100 (R2-D2, its developer, could speak with more authority on this, of course). eit2mei will work in the background, but I think I'm right in saying it only does it when the machine is idle - i.e. not recording or playing back. It's been a few years since we switched from using eit2mei to EPG2MEI with MyStuff in the UK though, so I may have got that wrong.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
DX
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2657
It may be you are better off using an overnight scheduled scan with eit2mei. It depends on how the firmware on a 5100 behaves - does the native epg populate fully on all channels?

On the 5800 pre-Bastille firmware only the current channel/mux epg populated and the eit tables were also too small to hold the entire epg even if you switched channels. Bastille introduced cross mux population and also increased table size so background scanning became practical.

I don't know if these Bastille changes made there way into the 5100 firmware - if not a scheduled scan is your best option.
torwood
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. I have setup eit2mei to carry out an overnight scan and I will leave it for some time to see if it populates fully, there are a lot of 'unknown's at present. The native EPG appears to populate fully.