Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  EIT_Sub -- reliable EIT collection

Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Rtlprmft
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quote
[quote="R2-D2"]
In a setup where the broadcaster only sends the EPG data for their own mux and without a tailored section cache, I don't think you'll find EIT_Sub that helpful.[/quote]

Would it be possible to release a version of eit_sub for this particular case? It seems to me that the collection in eit_sub is much faster than the native one and also the N&N info is available much faster. As far as I understand this would mean to have the collection routine from eit_sub, but working as in a native Toppy, e.g. only on channels currently in use.

Btw, would it be possible to switch the channels in the background automatically every 60s (e.g. when already watching one or while playback) so that EPG data is collected continously from all muxes/channels? This would improve all EPG TAPs I think.
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:59 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
eit2mei already offers such a mode for setups where each mux has [just] its own EIT data. I don't think you're going to get any benefit from EIT_Sub.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Dec 2009 Posts: 91 Location: Bedfordshire
Myinfo as shown at the bottom of this post is upto date.

I am wondering how I would benefit from loading eit_sub.tap ?

Can anyone please advise ?

thank you

Mr_topcat