<  TAPs  ~  Channel Organiser B1.2

Page 15 of 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Mr_topcat
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Dec 2009 Posts: 91 Location: Bedfordshire
EMJB wrote:
Mr_topcat wrote:
Thank you for your response and explanation. Yes I understand I could delete the duplicates. . . but my concern is that it may be the duplicate that I need to keep! As during a full Scan the toppy may find the "wrong transmitter" first.
Select the "Review using signal info" option against "Delete unwanted channels" and it will tell you after a few seconds which channels have the best signal.
EMJB

OK thanks for your explanation. Please, just one more question!

If I wish to keep the duplicate, as its the signal from the Transmitter I need to use, it seems then that it will have the wrong LCN? (as the correct LCN would have been taken by the channel the toppy found earlier in its scan). . or am I missing something with my thinking?

Wondering how the wrong LCN impacts on EPG collection, series link etc associated with mystuff.

thank you

EMJB
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3433 Location: Maldon Essex
Mr_topcat wrote:
If I wish to keep the duplicate, as its the signal from the Transmitter I need to use, it seems then that it will have the wrong LCN? (as the correct LCN would have been taken by the channel the toppy found earlier in its scan). . or am I missing something with my thinking?

Wondering how the wrong LCN impacts on EPG collection, series link etc associated with mystuff.

The duplicates are precisely that - they have the same LCN, name etc, so you never get the wrong LCN as a result of receiving from multiple transmitters.

EMJB
Mr_topcat
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Dec 2009 Posts: 91 Location: Bedfordshire
EMJB wrote:
Mr_topcat wrote:

The duplicates are precisely that - they have the same LCN, name etc, so you never get the wrong LCN as a result of receiving from multiple transmitters.

EMJB

That's really good, excellent.

Thank you for your time clarifing things

mr_topcat

EMJB
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Darucla wrote:
Hi. I occasionally have noticed that information for Film 4 in the extended epg on a flag timer in MyStuff suggests that the ending of a film will be missed as it goes on past 3 AM.
I have reset the ini files for both Extend and Epg2mei, which were both showing that Film 4 finished at 3 AM (it often goes on till 4). I finally have realised that the reversion to 3 was happening after using Channel Organizer. I think I have traced it to the Freeeview.dat, which has Film 4 ending at 3.
I have now changed this on my Topfields, but I think it would probably help if you could change it on your files. Smile

I am a bit confused about the Film4 hours - this site states that it is 24 hours, but during the normal morning period it only seems to have text data. I have therefore made the changes you suggest.

EMJB
Darucla
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Jun 2007 Posts: 1420 Location: Norwich
Thanks for that. I am sure it isn't a 24 hour channel, although there is normally something being shown, such as a Film 4 is closed at the moment banner.The hours are the same on satellite as well, no problems there.
cookie365
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 223
Just setting up my 'new' ex display 5800.

I've installed MyStuff and now I'm trying to install Channel Organiser - yes, I know I should have done it the other way round Smile

When I start CO I get a message:

Quote:
'Flash initiation failure - check Firmware.dat is installed if not UK model.
Closing down'

(I think it says Flash - it's off the left side of the screen)

I get this regardless of whether I put the firmare.dat in program files or program files/settings.

Any suggestions?

Quote:
System ID: 458
TV Output: Type = PAL, Video = RGB, RF Channel = 36
Reported firmware version: TF-NPT 5.13.65T dated Oct 10 2009
Base firmware version: 5.13.65

Running TAPS:
Slot 0: EPG2MEI v0.96 : Dumps the EPG data to disk as EPG.mei, with changes since last time in EPG_diff.mei
Slot 1: MyStuff 6.3 : UI Replacement
Slot 2: Font Manager 1.0d : Manage TAP Fonts
Slot 3: Extend v1.7 : Uses the Accurate Recording info to extend recordings (safely)
Slot 4: SecCache (UK) v0.4 : Optimal (UK) section caching to reduce the load on the Toppy
Slot 5: EIT Sub (Game) v0.6 : Provides faster, simpler and more robust EIT data collection, except when playing games
Slot 6: MyInfo B5.5 : Displays & records Toppy basic info
Slots 7 - 15 not used

Installed patch list:- Ab Bf Bq Ce Ck Cp Cw Cy De Ec Ee Ef Ep Er Es F Fm Gm H He Kt Mh Nf Ot P Pc R Ra Re Rh Rp Rs S Sd Sl Sr St T2 Td Te Tf Tp Ts Vr Xp Xw Xl
Firmware MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 modified thus:
Patch Decode Link - Will explain your patches:
http://www.toppy.org.uk/~simonc/dp.html?p=AbBfBqCeCkCpCwCyDeEcEeEfEpErEsFFmGmHHeKtMhNfOtPPcRRaReRhRpRsSSdSlSrStT2TdTeTfTpTsVrXpXwXl

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 223
Noticed that the Toppy channel list was empty except the BBC1 mux - even though it'd picked everything else.

Did a Toppy rescan, deleted the dodgy channels and CO now works

Smile

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 Jan 2008 Posts: 394
I know random "it did stuff wrong" reports are not very helpful, but I should mention this in case it helps someone:

I've previously used an earlier version of Channel Organiser with no problems. A couple of nights ago I used B1.2, with the latest freeview.dat, to re-scan. I set "use current" and re-create MyStuff and EPG2MEI and Extend data.

It scanned and found nothing. This left me stuck in the Toppy native install menu which could only cycle round four channel numbers on the "manual tune" option, or do an auto-scan which only scanned those four channels again. In neither case did it give any picture or find anything. Even rebooting the machine gave the same result.

I then rebooted with no TAPs (hold zero) and did a Toppy-native re-scan of everything and it found all the channels. I was then able to use CO in no-scan mode to create the desired data.

No, I don't fancy trying to re-create that! Wink

toppy_tel
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been using Channel Organiser for a while and it is great program.
The only disappointment is that it does not easily allow the configuration of two regional variants of BBC1, ITV1 etc as Channel Manager did.

With the digital switchover progressing and freeview power levels increasing the possibility of receiving two regions successfully is much greater. Is any chance of this being accommodated in a future version?

Regards
Tel

(list generated by MyInfo on 20/4/11)
Active TAPs: TF5000Display, Standby, iGuide.
Other TAPs: Channel Organiser. TapCommander
TX:Crystal Palace / Sandy Heath
gomezz
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3873 Location: Buckingham
It is not really a good idea to have regional variants of the same channel from different transmitters on the same box as it can and does screw up recordings. Best to have a second box (or your TV) tuned into the alternates.

nvingo
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Jul 2010 Posts: 102 Location: Norfolk
gomezz wrote:
It is not really a good idea to have regional variants of the same channel from different transmitters on the same box as it can and does screw up recordings. Best to have a second box (or your TV) tuned into the alternates.
It screws recordings on the Humax PVRs (and probably most others relying on Accurate Recording) as whilst tuned to an alternate region the PVR doesn't receive accurate recording start data for local channels.
I doubt this is as much of an issue with the Topfield which as I understand only uses accurate recording (via extend) to stop a recording on a channel currently being received.

EMJB
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote
toppy_tel wrote:
Hi,

I have been using Channel Organiser for a while and it is great program.
The only disappointment is that it does not easily allow the configuration of two regional variants of BBC1, ITV1 etc as Channel Manager did.

With the digital switchover progressing and freeview power levels increasing the possibility of receiving two regions successfully is much greater. Is any chance of this being accommodated in a future version?

Regards
Tel

ChannelEditor should allow you to do what Channel Manager did with regional variant, but with more flexibility at the expense of requiring more thought. I was under the impresssion that there were very few users of this feature- if there really is a major demand I would be more likely to re-introduce it.

EMJB
EMJB
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
gomezz wrote:

If you renumber the LCN of one variant (as CM did, and as you can do with Channel Editor) there is no reason for the Toppy to associate the two variants, so I would not expect there to be any problems. Each will have separate EPG & programme signalling etc.

EMJB
Bizman
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2010 Posts: 876 Location: Taunton, Somerset
On September 28th my local transmitter (Mendip) will be making a frequency change. I have the FastScanGUI-Mendip.tap in Autostart. Do I need to make any changes or will the software recognise the change and re-scan accordingly? Should I make the Toppy come out of standby before being asked to record possibly something on the new fequency (I think only one Mux is involved in the change, but I will check.)

Edit: Just checked and find 3 muxes will change frequency.

PSU Caps 2/2011 Tx: Mendip. TV: Bush L322LED (22"), UPS, DVD-R: Panasonic DMR EH-50, STB: Labgear FV300. PC OS Win98SE, Acer Aspire One with Win7
juwlz
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:47 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10281 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
As I understand it, FastScanGUI in Auto Start only does anything if you have NO channels (i.e. after a deliberate Factory Reset or an unintended loss of all channels).

In other words, it won't automatically do anything at all just because the muxes have changed.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012