Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Toppy.org Firmware Loader

Page 6 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:08 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Folks,

we are nearly ready to roll out a new improved version of the Firmware Loader but I just need a couple of people to try it before it goes on general release. Anyone out there fancy being a beta tester? Just PM me and I'll send you the new release. I would like 5800, 5800t and 5810 users please.

Cheers

CW

seadog
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Jan 2007 Posts: 88 Location: I.O.W.
Just tried to install installer and was told that I was not online, but I think I was - how else can I send this to you?
Tried a few times but always the same message - where am I going wrong?

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5; QuickJump 1.66; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B5.6; FFWD v0.7; MHEG On/Off A3; (MHEG State Patcher V2);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 2/4/14
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
What OS are you running? Is something (firewall?) blocking the installer?

CW

seadog
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Running Vista. I'll try loading loader with firewall off, but SWMBO will cause me to wait until the morrow.

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5; QuickJump 1.66; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B5.6; FFWD v0.7; MHEG On/Off A3; (MHEG State Patcher V2);
seadog
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:08 am Reply with quote
Firewall off but installer still tells me I'm not on the internet - it's fibbing

EMJB
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:28 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3433 Location: Maldon Essex
seadog wrote:
Firewall off but installer still tells me I'm not on the internet - it's fibbing

mrluk is having similar problems with Toppy Updater which uses the same basic code, so there seems to be something strange in some configurations - perhaps some timing issue. Some questions that might help track down what is going on:

What version of Vista are you using?

Is Internet Explorer your default browser?

Are you running it on a particularly slow or fast machine?

Have you tried running as Administrator?

It generates a log file in the directory from which it was run. Can you please post this (up to first "error" line if long)? If you previously ran from a temporary directory you will need to try again running from "Temp" or similar to be able to read the log file.

TIA,

EMJB
seadog
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
I'm running Vista Home Premium and using Internet Explorer. My laptop is 1.6. I'm the only person using the laptop so I takeLog file for installation of Toppy Firmware Installer
Finished @ 09:05:58 on 10/05/2009
--------------------------

Starting main installation script activities
Line 2: DisplayProgress:Off
Switching progress display off
Line 3: MsgTime:1.5
Line 4: SelectFinalCleanUp:
Selecting final clean up to remove all downloaded etc files
Line 5: ShowMessage: Setting up configuration and appearance
Setting up configuration and appearance
Line 6: Title: Toppy Firmware Installer
Title set to "Toppy Firmware Installer"
Line 7: Background=RGB(255,255,255)
Setting main background colour to RGB(255,255,255)
Line 8: TitleText=RGB(142,30,2Cool
Setting title text colour to RGB(142,30,2Cool
Line 9: TitleFontSize: 35
Setting title font size to 35
Line 10: ProgressText=RGB(142,30,2Cool
Setting progress text colour to RGB(142,30,2Cool
Line 11: ProgressBgd=RGB(255,255,255)
Setting progress background colour to RGB(255,255,255)
Line 12: ProgressFontSize: 12
Setting progress font size to 12
Line 13: ProgressText=RGB(142,30,2Cool
Setting progress text colour to RGB(142,30,2Cool
Line 14: ProgressBgd=RGB(255,255,255)
Setting progress background colour to RGB(255,255,255)
Line 15: HelpText=RGB(255,255,255)
Setting help text colour to RGB(255,255,255)
Line 16: HelpBgd=RGB(142,30,2Cool
Setting help background colour to RGB(142,30,2Cool
Line 17: HelpFontSize: 11
Setting help font size to 11
Line 18: InternetConnectionConditional: http://www.toppy.org.uk
Line 22: UserConditional: You do not appear to be currently connected to the internet. Do you want to continue?
You do not appear to be currently connected to the internet. Do you want to continue?
Waiting for answer to "You do not appear to be currently connected to the internet. Do you want to continue?"
Answer to "You do not appear to be currently connected to the internet. Do you want to continue?": Yes
Line 28: LoadFiles:M http://www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/TAPDownload/FirmwareScripts.zip
Downloading latest version from the internet
Error:Failed to access internet - check your internet connection and firewall settings
About to retry internet download
Error:Failed to access internet - check your internet connection and firewall settings
About to retry internet download
Displaying text file: C:\Users\Derek Williams\New Topfield\Loader\Install Error.txt
"Source" subdirectory does not exist
Clearing old configuration etc files
it I'm the Administrator.

EMJB
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
@seadog,

Thanks for log file - unfortunately no great help as it is failing where I expected from your report. Your set up seems very similar to mine, which makes the problem even more strange.

You may be the administrator, but my version of Vista does not start programs as administrator by default. You need to right click on the file name and select "Run as Administrator".

EMJB
seadog
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
According to my laptop - as the only user, I am the Administrator.
Maybe I should chicken out and go to plan B and install manually
but where's the fun in that?
I got my laptop speed wrong it is 1.83 Ghz not 1.6 - not that that makes any difference.
Thanks for trying.

EMJB
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote
seadog wrote:

So am I, but that does not mean that programs are necessarily run as administrator. When you right click on an exe file in Explorer, do you see "run As Administrator" as one of the options? If so, please try that.

EMJB
andrec
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 1345 Location: Bristol, U.K.
EMJB wrote:
seadog wrote:

So am I, but that does not mean that programs are necessarily run as administrator. When you right click on an exe file in Explorer, do you see "run As Administrator" as one of the options? If so, please try that.

I've recently been round this loop in a different context. I'm on XP Pro (SP3) and I wanted to give access across the network to other computers' Program Files folder (which Microsoft insist should be disabled). It can be done (different websites give different 'solutions' which are partial or don't always work) but on my set-up I had to boot under safe mode to get the option of logging on as Adminstrator. Although I'm the only user, I'm not automatically Administrator (I think it may have been SP3 which added this particular 'gotcha').

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 15 Feb 2009 Posts: 30
I had some spare time to try the Firmware Loader today.

Toppy: TF5800PVRt
Desktop PC
OS: Windows 7 RC Build 7100 (upgrade install from Vista Home Premium!)
Internet browser: IE8 (default)
AV and firewall: Kaspersky 8.xx (Windows 7 test ver.)

Result:
I used config. files 1)Rec. F/W and 2)Rec. F/W for MyStuff.
Initially, the error; 'Unable to connect to the receiver - Timeout reached', was displayed, but then a connection was established. Everything worked just fine on both occasions after the error message.
I didn't attempt option 3 (Series Link F/W), as that would meant having to do system resets which I wanted to avoid today.
It didn't require the firewall to be disabled. The only prompt I had was for UAC, which I obviously allowed.

I thought my setup would break it, or at least I would see similar problems to some of the Vista users - but no! Surprised
So, great work by all those involved.

oakave
Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote
Hi Folks
been watching the forum for a while and finally got around to trying the firmware update. Toppy 5800 (4.56) which I've had for over 3 years with original firmware. Finally got fed up with the channel numbers and with another re-tune next week thought, OK I'll up grade. Smile
Laptop with vista premium keeps saying not connected to internet. despite turning firewall off so no joy. So I used a netbook with XP. Toppy tools already installed. Smile
Firmware loader connects and I go for the recommended 5800 firmware. It works.. or seems to and gives a success notice. Very Happy
but now the toppy just keeps going through the same blue screen "installing new firmware" progress. ending up in "F/W installed will now try re-boot..." before turning off and on again to say "looking for optional ini file" "ini file not found" and going through the whole routine again, and again... Sad
I've leant on the standby button to force it into standby before pulling the plug out! no change
I've used TFD-usb to try to download manually 5.13.65 and that again gives all indication it's worked, progressing through "AP**" to "end" but when turned off and on again, it's back to the blue screen cycle.

ANY help would be much appreaciated before the wife comes home and I find myself sleeping in the dog house. Even if it's back to where we were at the start of today.

Rob

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9511 Location: London
If TFDN USB has worked (and if it says end on the screen, then it has) then the next issue is that because the firmware loader tap that the Windows installer used doesn't think it's worked, it's still in AutoStart.

Turn on, holding down 0 as soon as 'run' appears on the screen, and then go into the AutoStart folder and delete the FWLoader TAP.

Nigel.

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I can't thank you enough, no more 'Chum' for me. Deleted file from autostart via Altair. Now performed a factory reset and no more channels in the 000's. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

For anyone who's interested the Vista problem for the loader saying no internet connection is still present. HP laptop; Vista premium; IE8; Netgear DG834 router; ZoneAlarmPro (turned off); AVG free.

Thanks again Very Happy