Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  UK Timers v1.2

Page 1 of 26
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Darkmatter
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
UK Timers v1.2

I?ve taken a look at the bug that crashed a select few Toppys, and rewrote that bit of code to be more defensively. If you weren?t one of the unlucky few, then there?s probably no need to upgrade immediately, but best to do so in the long run so we are all on the same version.

Bugs fixed
* Selecting a day with no timers, and then repeatedly pressing left, and right, crashed some boxes.

Download links
* Just the TAP file (and latest logo file)

If you?ve never installed UK Timers before here?s the full installation package [v1.2]

Quixotic has put together some logos for the new channels. The logo.dat file is included in the basic upgrade package, and the full source .gif files are included in the full installation package. If you needs fall between those two ? here?s the latest logo pack [v3]

====================================================
Link to the old thread
====================================================

A stylish TAP designed to display and edit all your timer settings in an improved and easy to understand format. Including backup and restore functions.

Features and benefits

* Filter the timers by day of the week. Quickly see what timers are scheduled for today, or show only those occurring on Saturday, or any other day of the week.

* It?s now much easier to find the timer you want by simply filtering out those that aren?t of importance.

* Timers are ordered by time and date. Those at the top of the list will fire first.

* Prominent display of programme name: No need to drill down in to each and every timer to see what?s going on.

* A much better layout with stylish graphics and a new user interface. Cutting down on clutter by displaying the important information in prominent positions, but still allowing detail examination whilst browsing through.

* Massively improves your Toppy ? and it?s free !

* It?s also a great benefit when updating firmware, as it allows you to backup your timers. Particularly important when doing a factory reset. This is the only TAP that is unaffected when your Toppy finds new channels. When restoring it compares both the channel numbers and channel name to ensure a good match to your backed up timers.

Click this link download UK Timers

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 433 Location: Halifax, Emley Moor transmitter
Nice one. I had the occasional crash with using left or right.

The logo.dat file is smaller than the one included in the new UK OZ Surfer V0.9b UK.zip file would you recommend just copying across the TAP and not both files?

Darkmatter
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Yes, just download the latest UK logo pack, and that will update UK Timers, UK/OZ Channel Surfer, and IP Guide. Users in other countries will require their own logo files, and are best not overwriting their logo.dat file.

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:08 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 May 2005 Posts: 162
Great stuff.

With the prior version my Toppy was a guaranteed crash with a right+right+left+left onto an empty timer screen - works perfectly now.
NickW
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:11 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 Aug 2005 Posts: 388
Hi DM,

Can you add an option to delete only R timers? That way I can delete all my timers but leave Jag's scan.

Regards,

Nick.
Darkmatter
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:40 am Reply with quote
That?s a curious request ? why do you want to delete all your other timers?

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 Aug 2005 Posts: 388
Darkmatter wrote:
That?s a curious request ? why do you want to delete all your other timers?

Sometimes I do it because I've had timers set from incorrect DGtoJag favorites (my fault). I don't set timers manually.

It's not important, would just make it easier than deleting them all and redoing Jag's scan.

Regards,

Nick.
EuphoricaL
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:45 am Reply with quote
Fixed left or Right crash for me cheers. Now works great
luvspud
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 55
Just wish the DGtoUKtimers was as easy as point and click, fraid it makes no sense to me.
andrec
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 1345 Location: Bristol, U.K.
luvspud wrote:
Just wish the DGtoUKtimers was as easy as point and click, fraid it makes no sense to me.

Er ... give us a clue Wink. What in particular doesn't make sense?

You have put the relevant files in the DigiGuide folder, haven't you? It'll be easier if you set up a shortcut to Export_Timers.bat somewhere easy to get at. The PC has to be connected to the Toppy before you run Export_Timers.bat, and Altair must NOT be running.

Any of that help?

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:44 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 55
All of it really.
Do you mean pick up the copy to DG folder and drop it onto DG or open it and copy each.
Do you just select what you want to record on DG and then select import from DG.
andrec
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 1345 Location: Bristol, U.K.
luvspud wrote:
All of it really.
Do you mean pick up the copy to DG folder and drop it onto DG or open it and copy each.

The latter.

luvspud wrote:
Do you just select what you want to record on DG and then select import from DG.

Yes, but there are some intermediate steps.

1) Copy the individual files in the 'copy to DG' folder to the DG folder.

2) Using Altair, copy the files and folders in 'copy to Toppy' to the Program Files folder on the Toppy. (There's a potential minor glitch whereby the channel logos don't appear when you run the TAP on the Toppy, but don't worry about that - we'll cross that bridge when we come to it).

These first two steps are, of course, done only once to set things up. Then, each time you want to update your timers:

3) Mark on DigiGuide the programmes you want to record with the 'video this programme' marker.

4) Make sure the computer is connected to the Toppy, but Altair isn't running (the Toppy can only handle one computer connection at a time, and the transfer program uses its own protocols to communicate).

5) Run the 'Export_Timers.bat' program in the DG folder (easier if you have set up a shortcut to it on the desktop or wherever).

6) You should get a DOS screen which says what it is doing, followed by 'Pause - press any key to continue'. Press a key to close the DOS window and the Export_Timers program.

7) You now have your list of timers on the Toppy (though you can't see it unless you use Altair from the PC). On the Toppy, press the white key (unless you've changed the default) to open the UK Timers TAP, then press the Toppy Menu key. Select the option 'Import from DigiGuide'.

8 ) Timers are then read from the file which the PC exported to the Toppy.

9) Bring up each timer in UK Timers and add the padding of your choice - a step which won't be necessary when Darkmatter and the gang add automatic padding on import (Real Soon Now, eh, chaps? Wink)

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:58 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 04 Aug 2005 Posts: 70
Hi,

UK Timers is one of my must-have TAP's, thanks.

Just something I noticed last night; I'm using v1.0 at the moment, I didn't realise there was a new version until now.

I experienced the crash you mentioned.

I wonder whether the following has been fixed?

On a Sunday if you want to check the timers, to check Monday, you have to press left 6 times... The week ahead does not follow on from whatever day it is, in this example a Sunday... i.e. it doesn't 'wrap' the week ahead from the day of the week it currently is. Does that make sense?

M-T-W-T-F-S-S is the format rigidly stuck to. Fine if you are on a Monday but if it is a Thursday, I would have expected:

T-F-S-S-M-T-W but this isn't what you get...

If that behaviour is different in version 1.2 or is a menu option, please ignore my ignorance!

Thanks, will try 1.2 tonight.

fM
Darkmatter
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:17 am Reply with quote
No, that?s not correct - the days have always been in a circular list. You can move through the days of the week in any direction, and at the end it wraps around to the beginning of the week. There?s any extra entry between Sunday, and Monday ? that?s the ?all event? tab - which displays all your timers.

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
All events

One thing to note: Selecting a day of the week is actually applying a filter. Select ?Monday?, and the list of timers is filtered to show only those scheduled to fire on a Monday. Note, that?s any Monday ? this Monday, next Monday, a week next Monday, or even a year Monday. The timers appear in chronological order, this Mondays are at the top of the list, next Monday?s further down, and so on.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:29 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 04 Aug 2005 Posts: 70
Ah, thanks, Darkmatter - It's maybe because my Toppy kept rebooting if I started pressing right & left too much!

Thanks very much.

fM