<  TAPs  ~  QuickJump

Page 62 of 73
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:09 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
simonc wrote:
They have Toppies there too!
And given the number of times I've found their firmwares contain fixes for the problems we've endured for a long time, I'd say Topfield are quite active in the Finnish market.

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2303 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
My Dad lives there and had a Toppy for a while.

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
AllenG
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jun 2008 Posts: 117 Location: New Zealand
Tried V0.70, V0.72 & 0.73 all run but show conflict when trying to set timers Sad Any ideas what the last version by main author was?

Allen

R2-D2 wrote:
It may be worth going back a version to the last one by the main author.
AllenG
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
Found the problem with UKAS and my TF6000! (comments still appreciated)

Sorry I'm way off topic here. Posted solution here..http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=165368#165368
Thanks for your comments and patience

Allen

Last edited by AllenG on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
AllenG wrote:
Does UKAS, make more intelligent decisions on which tuner(s) to use than the native timer setting?
I imagine it uses the "Any Tuner" option and lets Topfield's Timer API work it out. But if UKTimers works and UKAS doesn't, then maybe UKAS is misinterpreting an "error" result.

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
Do you know if anyone is still actively working on UKAS, or is it pretty much a finished work? (no pun intended Wink )

R2-D2 wrote:
But if UKTimers works and UKAS doesn't, then maybe UKAS is misinterpreting an "error" result.
AllenG
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
Hi SimonC. Here are a couple of ideas for enhancement to Quikjump if you felt so inclined

It would be nice to have an option in Binary jump that made it half the jump each time whether you changed direction or not. IE: If enabled with a jump time of 2 minutes, a single button press would do +2 mins, +3 min, +3:30 etc Most of our NZ Ad breaks are between 2 & 3:30.

Also, On my TF6000 the Quickjump display dissappears for about half a second after each key press. This is irrespective of the "Status message Timeout setting" Is this the intended behaviour? I feel it would be preferable for the display to stay on screen permanantly untill the timeout is reached

Regards, Allen.
underquark
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Posts: 1775
That would mimic what I (and I suspect many others) currently do with the colour buttons - Red (3 min), Green (1.5 min), Blue (back a bit). The first time I used Binary Jump I was bemused until I realised that Right arrow went backwards and Left forwards (which I have now changed, of course).

5xTF5800PVR - 1 organ-donor, 1 for experimenting on, 2 x 250Gb and 1 x 500Gb (Seagate ST3500630A, no fan), one Toppy with UPS and dedicated aerial; MyStuff 6.3; QuickJump 1.72; EPG2 MEI; MEISearch 1.37; Various remotes - URC8820 (my fav.), URC8910 (for SWMBO), URC7562 (to learn new codes) programmed using tools from the excellent JP1 site.
AllenG
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:38 am Reply with quote
I Swapped the order of my coloured buttons, Red -10 sec, Green default (place bookmark), Yellow +30 secs, Blue +1:50.

Our NZ Ad breaks are mainly between 2 & 4 minutes. I made the Blue button 1:50 instead of 2 minutes to allow time to react to the ad break & pick up the remote, that way the last jump resumes playback a few seconds before the program resumes. On NZ TV the last advert in an ad bracket is quite often for another program so it's quite easy to pick.

Allen.
simonc
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5617 Location: Cheltenham
AllenG wrote:
It would be nice to have an option in Binary jump that made it half the jump each time whether you changed direction or not.
You can have an option for this if you can come up with some meaningful options menu text!

AllenG wrote:
On my TF6000 the Quickjump display disappears for about half a second after each key press. This is irrespective of the "Status message Timeout setting" Is this the intended behaviour? I feel it would be preferable for the display to stay on screen permanantly untill the timeout is reached
Try moving the message to a different part of the screen, does it still disappear too quickly?
AllenG
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Hi Simon,

How about calling the menu option "Halve Jump time with" with options of "Direction change" and "Every Jump"?

Another Idea that is potentially more useful is being able to have one button do a different timed jump on the second and subsequent presses. This could be an optional "Second Jump" setting under each buttons options, or even more useful as an option under "Binary Jump" called "Second Jump" On Binary Jump it would behave like this...

With Settings of "Initial jump" 3:00, "Second jump" 0:30, "Final jump" 5 Secs, and the new "Halve jump time with direction change" option (as it does at present)
results in +3:00, +3:30, +4:00, +4:30 etc untill you reverse...

... then reversing direction from +4:30 results in +4:15, +4:07, +4:02, +3:57 etc

Using only the forward jump button with the "Halve Jump time with every jump" option
results in +3:00, +3:30, +3:45, +3:52, +3:57, +4:02 etc

You could further customise the jumps by setting the "Final jump" the same as the "Second jump" at 30 seconds, you would then have the first jump at 3 minutes and all subsequent jumps in either direction of 30 seconds.

I'm Currently using 3 buttons, Red -10 secs, yellow +30 secs, Blue + 3 minutes (Green = set bookmark). If implimented I would use the first option (in red) for ad skipping with two buttons, (releasing the yellow button for it's default purpose.) The Red button would do a first jump 3 minutes, then subsequent jumps with the same button of 30 seconds untill program restarts, then either a backward binary jump or fixed jump of -10 seconds with the Blue button.

Regarding the quickjump display issue, the position of the TAP doesn't make any difference. The Quickjump display stays on screen for the desired timeout period. It's just that it dissapears for about a second with every key press.

TAPS like this help make a good recorder great! Thanks Simon.

Regards, Allen.
Libcon
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote
I've recently acquired a 5800PVRt (facelifted, FW 5.14.09) and have installed Juickjump 1.72. However the options screen accessed by the Exit key produces a 100% transparent box.

Is there a fix for this?
AllenG
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Libcon wrote:
I've recently acquired a 5800PVRt (facelifted, FW 5.14.09) and have installed Juickjump 1.72. However the options screen accessed by the Exit key produces a 100% transparent box.

Is there a fix for this?

I had the same problem on my TF6000PVE ES (see a few posts back). SimonC kindly responded with a second version of the TAP that allows you to see the menu on "Masterpiece" models. See this post.
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164658#164658
Download the TAP from this site. The file now has two versions of the TAP. The QuickjumpMasterpiece one should work.

Allen.

Other: LCNforSat vE4 (Experimental), HDFW v2.3, Surfer v0.14, Recording Fixer v1.3, JustEPG v15.3, AutoDel, Memory Dump, Memory Dump (Flash), Tap Commander 1.33, FIS_Test, MemLog v1.03.
Libcon
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your help, sorry about the duplicate post
underquark
Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Posts: 1775
Apologies if this has been described and remedied already but I couldn't find it. When I try to delete the end off a recording I call up the Progress Bar, press White, use the arrows to get to the end and then press Blue. When I choose "Discard" I get the "Playback stopped" message briefly and then the screen goes black and stays that way. Display says "Play". No response to remote except to power key which switches it into standby. It works normally when it is switched back on again.

If I start without TAP's it works fine. I then started TAP's one by one and tested until I found that it was QuickJump that seems to trigger the problem. Even if I configure QJ to ignore the Blue key in all situations the crash still happens.

TAP's are as per my Sig, below, but I have tweaked the firmware to 1365 patched with [Bf][Bq][Ce][De][DsEc][Ef][Es][F][Gm][H][Mh][Nf][P][Pc][R][Ra][Re][Rh][Rp][Rs][S][Sd][Sr][St][T2][U][Uu][Xp][Xw][Z].

5xTF5800PVR - 1 organ-donor, 1 for experimenting on, 2 x 250Gb and 1 x 500Gb (Seagate ST3500630A, no fan), one Toppy with UPS and dedicated aerial; MyStuff 6.3; QuickJump 1.72; EPG2 MEI; MEISearch 1.37; Various remotes - URC8820 (my fav.), URC8910 (for SWMBO), URC7562 (to learn new codes) programmed using tools from the excellent JP1 site.