Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  New Firmware available @ Topfield.uk for 5800 + 5810 30Jul08

Page 5 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
ccs
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2007 Posts: 1892 Location: E Yorkshire Belmont Transmitter
ccs wrote:
Now using the 15.09+ firmware with the [We] patch - so far so good.

Just noticed a blip in the recordings file list. (20:00 6/08/08)

Holby City recorded ok on 5/08/08 at 20:00.

The time of the recording is currently set to 7/08/08 at 07:30 - tomorrow morning !

I've no idea if it was ok yesterday. The Toppy date and time are ok on the main menu.
R2-D2
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:13 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
ccs wrote:
Just noticed a blip in the recordings file list.
Have you used the Sort option in the Timer List?

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2007 Posts: 1892 Location: E Yorkshire Belmont Transmitter
R2-D2 wrote:
ccs wrote:
Just noticed a blip in the recordings file list.
Have you used the Sort option in the Timer List?

No, I've been very careful.

The m/c woke up from standby at 18:50 (on the 5th) and was recording until 21:00.

I think we started watching the 19:00 recording at about 19:20 and it lasted 1 hour. Then watched a recorded program from last week. Holby (20:00-21:00) had finished by then.
prthomas
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Jan 2006 Posts: 5 Location: Kenilworth, Warwickshire Tx: Sutton Coldfield
R2-D2 wrote:
Currently you're on your own with 5.14.X (and 5.15.X) and [Xp] (and [Xw]). Reports on whether they work or not would be gratefully received, but there have been lots of changes in this area and I haven't investigated them.

I've just done a few tests with 5.14.09+ as follows:
1. Toppy tuned to BBC1 for TV viewing
2. Timers set for BBC2 and five
Patches: Xp v5 and Xw v3

Without Xw:
Recording starting dumps me from BBC1 to five

With Xw:
When the recordings start there is a brief interruption to BBC1 but this stays as the channel for me to watch. So Xw seems to work on this firmware.

If I playback a recorded show with all of the above then it doesn't matter whether Xp is installed or not. In both cases the recording stops and I end up watching one of the channels being recorded so Xp does not appear to work on this firmware.

Philip

HippyBee
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Which TAP's can I use for the new 5.14.09+ firmware? I know that I can use We and will load it up later today. Are there any others recommended for use with this firmware?

Andy
ccs
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quote
ccs wrote:
Now using the 15.09+ firmware with the [We] patch - so far so good.

Just had my first missed recording.

Powered up from standby automatically at 18:50. Powered down at 19:01(on the display).
itv1 SL at 19:00 missed recording. (It actually started at about 19:00:50)
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
ccs wrote:
Powered up from standby automatically at 18:50. Powered down at 19:01(on the display).
That fits with the scenario described in another thread that I think may be due to out of sync (or dodgy) EIT data on different muxes. I suspect the recording channel was set, the recording started, then the EIT data arrived from the new channel, showing the event hadn't started... so the recording gets stopped.

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
ccs wrote:
That fits with the scenario described in another thread that I think may be due to out of sync (or dodgy) EIT data on different muxes. I suspect the recording channel was set, the recording started, then the EIT data arrived from the new channel, showing the event hadn't started... so the recording gets stopped.

Would leaving the toppy tuned to the "next recording" channel avoid this happening?

And would both tuners have to be set ?
ccs
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
ccs wrote:

Exactly the same problem again tonight 15/08/08.

The red recording light on the front display was on for a second or so and the channel on the display was bbc1.

Have only been watching and/or recording bbc1 and itv1 since the first fail on wednesday.
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
ccs wrote:
The red recording light on the front display was on for a second or so and the channel on the display was bbc1.
I've got a fix testing for suspected cause, but the problem could (ironically) be made worse by the [Sr] patch speeding up the start of the recording (what a difficult choice: no recording or missed start...).

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quote
[quote="nwhitfield"]The article does make specific recommendations:

If you have a TF5810, then this 5.15.09Plus is recommended.

If you have a TF5800 with id 456 and don't want to use Freeview Playback features, then 5.13.65NITfix is recommended.

If you have a TF5800 with id 457 then 5.14.09Plus is recommended (since there's no 457 version of 13.65 at present), and 5.14.09Plus is recommended for all TF5800 users who do want Freeview Playback features.[/quote]

What if I have TF5800 and want to use freeview playback ????

5.15.09plus has been a totally unreliable disaster !!

Cheers
nwhitfield
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9521 Location: London
Well, it's the most reliable of the Freeview+ firmwares, so that's the current recommendation - and please, can you give us more information than "totally unreliable disaster" ?

Quite a few people are using it without coming to that conclusion, so information about specific problems and issues, and how you're using the box is much more useful than a blanket dismissal of a firmware.

(Later) Re-reading your message, I hope you weren't really trying to put 5.15.09+ on a TF5800 - 5.14.09+ is the correct firmware for that, in the appropriate version depending on your system ID. 5.15.09+ is for the TF5810 only.

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Apologies - a sign of my frustration1

Also,it was 5.14.09+.

It would record when it felt like it whether one off or series. Tried over and over again ,missed some programmes we really wanted to catch.

Reset,rescanned but still no reliability.

Has recorded the shopping channel ,news and all sorts that was not requested.

Gone back to 5.13.65 (?) to see what happens.
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quote
palace wrote:
Has recorded the shopping channel ,news and all sorts that was not requested.
Have you made much use of the Sort option in the Timer List?

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm using 5.14.09+ with [We] patch and no TAPs. I have found that quite often the Toppy is non-responsive to the remote control. When this happens I play with the volume and mute buttons for about a 1 minute or so until something happens, after which the Toppy responds normally to the remote again. This happens at least once every time I use the Toppy. On the 5.14.08 firmware it only happened occasionally.

I've found that I can't use the copy function either. The part of the recording I was trying to copy today was the only thing running on the Toppy at the time. I never tried to use this function on the previous 5.14.08 firmware at all, so don't know if it worked on that.

Can anyone suggest any possible fixes for these 2 problems please. Smile

Andy