Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  [Em] EPGMove24Hrs

Page 1 of 1
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
[Em] EPGMove24Hrs alters the native EPG Grid View so that the Green and Yellow buttons move by 24 hours (and not to stupid o'clock in the morning of the next day). This is probably of most benefit to people using the new firmwares to set native Series Link timers.

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5618 Location: Cheltenham
R2-D2 wrote:
not to stupid o'clock in the morning of the next day.
Laughing

Why they've never addressed this one is beyond me. It's blazingly obvious, irritating as hell when you're planning a week's recordings and probably a single line of C code needing changing.
Andy K
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3499 Location: Owner of 3 Topfields
should this work on 5.13.65 ?

as I don't seam to be able to make it work.

So I move to say 20:00 Tue and press yellow and it should goto 20:00 Wed ? but it goes to 00:00 or 01:00

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Tell me you spotted the "Grid View" bit of the first post? The other mode can be fixed too, but (a) it's a bit trickier to make it generic, (b) I don't really use that view to set timers, and (c) I've other things to do...

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3499 Location: Owner of 3 Topfields
arh ur, no I forgot about that bit !
prthomas
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Jan 2006 Posts: 5 Location: Kenilworth, Warwickshire Tx: Sutton Coldfield
R2-D2 wrote:
[Em] EPGMove24Hrs alters the native EPG Grid View so that the Green and Yellow buttons move by 24 hours (and not to stupid o'clock in the morning of the next day). This is probably of most benefit to people using the new firmwares to set native Series Link timers.

Thank you R2. This patch and Em have made the built-in EPG far more usable.

glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
I've been playing with this out of curiosity and I'm not sure its working correctly. It seems to move MORE than 24 hours most times.

Glen.

glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Update: if I scroll it back to before NOW, or forward to the end of the EPG data then GREEN and YELLOW seem to jump exactly 24 hours.

Glen.

R2-D2
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:15 am Reply with quote
glenmcfar wrote:
It seems to move MORE than 24 hours most times.
It's based on the start of the currently selected programme (since there's no other way to hack the correction in). So if that timeslot doesn't exist in the other day then you'll end up at the next one. And so on.

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote
But it seems to correct itself if you scroll off the end of the EPG grid (in either direction).

Glen.

R2-D2
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:49 am Reply with quote
glenmcfar wrote:
But it seems to correct itself if you scroll off the end of the EPG grid (in either direction).
Confused Don't know what you mean by "correct", but clearly if you scroll off the end then you'll end up with the first or last programme on that channel selected, which will most likely have a different start time to the programme that was selected before the jump.

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote
deleted