<  TAP and patch development  ~  File cutter

Page 8 of 13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
SonicLife
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 24 Oct 2005 Posts: 1262
R2-D2 wrote:
MikeyP wrote:
I've complained about the progress bar before, sometimes it will stay up whilst I'm doing presses, sometimes drops out.
The only exception to that rule (5s timeout after last button press) is an initial phase connected (I think) to the roundel. But if you can reproduce another exception then I can investigate and find out why it does that, if you like.
Would it be easy to create a patch to just extend the timeout to something like 30 seconds? With my limited playing with BMs I found the 5s thing to be annoyingly short. On the other hand if you intend to write a TAP to enable much more accurate setting of BMs than the native interface allows don't let this distract you. Like Mike I like the idea of 'nudging' an existing BM left or right to position it more precisely if you are interested in input.

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
[Bm] V3 also disables the main timeout mechanism for turning off the playback search bar (i.e. doesn't affect the other two search bars [timeshift and chase], and doesn't disable the random mechanism that MikeyP has found Smile).

Last edited by R2-D2 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Your link is to the old version... Wink

Glen.

R2-D2
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quote
glenmcfar wrote:
Your link is to the old version... Wink
Too much wine... :hiccup:

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Jan 2006 Posts: 578 Location: Leicestershire. 7 miles from the Waltham transmitter...
I've just tried the CutAds tap, but it does not appear to do anything. What should I be seeing?

TAPs in load order : Font Manager 1 | TF5000 Display v1.26 | Remote Extender 1.6 | Description Extender 2.23 | Info Viewer 1.7 | Media Manager 1.5 | mei2archive BETA 3.5 | QuickJump 1.64 | Goldfish 0.5 | Power Manager 2.0 | UK Auto Scheduler 0.73 | EPGnavigator 6.1 | WSSKiller 2.12d
glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Nimbus wrote:
I've just tried the CutAds tap, but it does not appear to do anything. What should I be seeing?

You need to put bookmarks in at the ads.

Glen.

Nimbus
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Jan 2006 Posts: 578 Location: Leicestershire. 7 miles from the Waltham transmitter...
So where should I run this from? Most of my recordings have start and end Bookmarks as I use the ABM Tap (I've just updated my profile). I've got two recordings in the datafiles directory and I'm running the cutads tap from progam files. One recording has start and end BMs, the other has start and end + ones around the ads. It does not seem to be doing anything Confused

TAPs in load order : Font Manager 1 | TF5000 Display v1.26 | Remote Extender 1.6 | Description Extender 2.23 | Info Viewer 1.7 | Media Manager 1.5 | mei2archive BETA 3.5 | QuickJump 1.64 | Goldfish 0.5 | Power Manager 2.0 | UK Auto Scheduler 0.73 | EPGnavigator 6.1 | WSSKiller 2.12d
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Nimbus wrote:
It does not seem to be doing anything Confused
Ah. This'll probably be a memory issue on a 400Gb Toppy! Your clusters are 3Mb, and you may not have that big a single chunk of memory available. I can probably start looking at tidying up that aspect and making it a little more streamlined, if it otherwise seems to be working.

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I have 10.8MB free according to TapCommander. What should I have to allow this to work with a 400GB drive?

R2-D2
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
The progress bar was quite near the end when I got an error:
Bad bookmark 17a4 doing part 52 of Channel4_2008060...
Bit mystified about the 52 in that, since it should only look at the first 48 bookmarks (with a nod towards 5.14.X and the TF5810, although I think the .rec header still contains 64). Confused

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Nimbus wrote:
I have 10.8MB free according to TapCommander.
I imagine that's "free" rather than "available" -- it's possible (although a little unlikely) that you've got 10Mb "free" but only 2Mb "available" as a single chunk. With both TAPs you should get the file selector pop up -- if that doesn't happen then it's not got the memory (or the file selector failed to load). You could try booting TAPless to check.

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
Nimbus wrote:
I have 10.8MB free according to TapCommander.
I imagine that's "free" rather than "available" -- it's possible (although a little unlikely) that you've got 10Mb "free" but only 2Mb "available" as a single chunk. With both TAPs you should get the file selector pop up -- if that doesn't happen then it's not got the memory (or the file selector failed to load). You could try booting TAPless to check.

Yes, it works file without any TAPS loaded Smile

mike.hinson
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
R2-D2 wrote:
mike.hinson wrote:
oh one other thing, on that Toppy even with MyStuff shut down I couldn't get CutFile to start, it must clash with something
On a 250Gb Toppy it will want a contiguous 2Mb lump for the cluster -- so the "available" bit of memory is significant for that. If you've been running lots of stuff your memory might be fragmented a lot, and it'll report that error only on the serial console (for obvious reasons).
No error on console.
Started after 5th attempt with MyStuff running & 14MB free memory with at least 12Mb available(acording to MemLog).

Tried again straight after and waited a long time to see if I was being impatient but nothing popped up.

CutFile & AdCut have the same naughtyness on my Toppy.
Tommrow I will try to pin down which TAP it has a disagreement with.
/\/\
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:13 am Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
No error on console.
Started after 5th attempt with MyStuff running & 14MB free memory with at least 12Mb available(acording to MemLog).
That's very odd -- as you might expect, it works reliably for me. Confused I'll do a debug version with lots of serial activity which might help narrow down the place where it's failing. (I don't know much about the file selector so it might be failing silently -- how many files and folders do you have in /DataFiles?)

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:48 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Just been testing & CutFile becomes shy when Crid 0.08 is loaded on my Toppy. even if it is the only other TAP.

re files in data directory:
root = 51
Luke = 19
Friends = 0
Mike = 1
Mike\clips = 3
Mike\Long way down = 5
Rose = 1
Toppy2dvd =1

/\/\