Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  File cutter

Page 2 of 13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
Andy K wrote:
Assuming it's only two merged recordings, I may as well use the toppy interface, the way it stands at the moment.
You mean you're suddenly happy with draining the batteries on your remote? Laughing

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
R2-D2 wrote:
...I think I answered this above...
Embarassed sorry
Quote:
...I'm working on the "de-ad" TAP ... it needs to join segments...
Does that mean there might be a merge TAP as a handy utility for people who selected the wrong file with the CutFile TAP?

/\/\
MikeyP
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 4816
R2-D2 wrote:
I'm working on the "de-ad" TAP

looking forward to it Very Happy

surely this can't be fully automated?

Parts or Repair service for your poorly toppy/PSU - 'talk to me' Smile my name's Mike though, not Terry Tibbs Very Happy
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
Does that mean there might be a merge TAP as a handy utility for people who selected the wrong file with the CutFile TAP?
I suppose it's not impossible. There's actually a reasonably simple safety check that could be performed on the parts, too.

(I'm hoping BobD might drop by and suggest some things that might make MyStuff integration possible.)

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quote
MikeyP wrote:
...surely this can't be fully automated?...
Fully automated if you train another member of your household to put book marks at the start & end of each advert before you get home from work.

/\/\
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Most things benefit from the odd patch, so here's a little one to adjust the native bookmarking to be (according to my tests) more accurate: [Bm] Bookmark. I suspect the success varies depending on the bitrate of the video around the bookmark point, but this seemed to make the bookmarks better placed for me.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 4816
mike.hinson wrote:
from work.

/\/\

work ?

Oh yeah that Smile

Parts or Repair service for your poorly toppy/PSU - 'talk to me' Smile my name's Mike though, not Terry Tibbs Very Happy
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote
CutFile v0.3 preserves the bookmarks in the cut pieces (first [last] will have just end [start], the others will have both).

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4733
Could a simplified version of this be provided to "squeeze" a file at both ends, from bookmark A to bookmark B resulting in the same original file that is smaller and includes both A and B.
mike.hinson
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
Most things benefit from the odd patch, so here's a little one to adjust the native bookmarking to be (according to my tests) more accurate: [Bm] Bookmark. I suspect the success varies depending on the bitrate of the video around the bookmark point, but this seemed to make the bookmarks better placed for me.
I think it may be... to be honest, positioning the bookmarks with the native interface is SOOOO frustrating that I nearly threw the remote across the room & had to turn off the Toppy before I lost my temper with it...

I tried it with a 4 min recording & it set the book marks about 1 second early. with a 1hour 14min file I got about the same result.

/\/\
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
I tried it with a 4 min recording & it set the book marks about 1 second early.
What channel (and programme) was that? I did try a bit of closing credits and got poor results, which made me suspicious that it's doing the measuring in the wrong way (and it may not be possible to do it the right way). In fact, I was surprised how well the bookmarking works in AccurateBM, but that's a different scenario (and probably a lot more reliable) since it's the end of the recording stream it's measuring.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
What channel (and programme) was that?
E4 - Friends (well the ads cut off from before that program in fact, using this TAP[v0.2]). I thought 1 second was quite good. I am sure it is normaly worse which is one of the frustrations of setting bookmarks with any precision. The other frustration is that you can't move them or nudge them, so you loose track of where they were because you delete them & recreate them in the same place exactly, or too far ahead or too far behind... My impression is that there is some sort of snap-to-grid that positions them where you don't want them. nudge-nearest-bookmark is the feature that seems missing IMHO.

/\/\
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Made some changes to FireBirdLib's FileSelector and rebuilt CutFile v0.3. The date should now be displayed against files and the Blue button toggles between sort by name and date (and sorting by date selects the last [newest] file).

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3499 Location: Owner of 3 Topfields
oh excellent.
Thanks
simonc
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5617 Location: Cheltenham
Any chance of adding a description area? It'd make identifying which recording to cut a little easier.