<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 71 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Bawbagg
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
Bawbagg wrote:
(2) I would say is pretty easy
.... and indeed it was. It will be in the next version: see this post from BobD.

BB

PaulH
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 271 Location: SW London
In the Extended Info view, would it be possible to make the arrow key directions work the same way as in Now & Next? It always catches me out that in Extended Info, left/right arrow change time and up/down change channel, which is the other way round from the more often used (by me, anyway) Now & Next.

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Posts: 41
Is there any way of MyStuff being able to calculate how large a scheduled recording will be? At the moment, I'm running rather low on HD space and would appreciate at least a rough guess at how much space any further recordings would take up. Obviously it can't be done with the present version but sounds like a good idea for a future one.

TAPS: Description Extender 2.1, Remote Extender MHEG 1.4, QuickJump 1.52, MyStuff 5.21a, TAP Commander 1.0.2, eit2mei BETA 7.8, TF5000 Display v1.40d, Info Display 7.5, Super PiP 1.1a, Auto Resume 1.29
glenmcfar
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
It varies between channels, etc but generally a one hour show is 1.2GB. You can make rough estimates using this size.

Alternatively, watch some of the stuff you've got on your box.... Wink

Glen.

MarkG
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 673 Location: UK
MS does this already using the "W" icon in the timer list.

MG

Bobbins
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm experienceing a large number of crashes that appear to be something to do with MS... They happen in a number of places, but the regular ones are
a) When setting option M6 (Power Off Functionality) to off and then exiting the options screen (the setting is currently on 'Verbose', but because the toppy crashes everytime I try to change it, it never actually gets turned off).
b) most times that I try to switch to standby while mystuff is running (the mystuff shutting down message is displayed, then it crashes, restarts automatically, verifies files and folders, and then I have to turn it off before mystuff starts - or we just go around in circles)

Has anyone else come accross this issue?
Can anyone suggest a solution?

This issue started when I upgraded last weekend as follows:
FW: 5.12.25 --> 5.13.56
MS: 454e --> 521a

Thanks,
Bobbins.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
Bobbins wrote:
a) When setting option M6 (Power Off Functionality) to off and then exiting the options screen (the setting is currently on 'Verbose', but because the toppy crashes everytime I try to change it, it never actually gets turned off).

There were issues (in the previous version?) with the setting being respected properly, and people have reported that the Verbose option causes "funnies" but the Quick option is much better.
Bobbins
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:34 am Reply with quote
I seem to have been able to resolve the crashing issues by re-installing MyStuff...

1) reboot toppy with no TAPs running (press and hold 0)
2) remove all the MyStuff config files and folders (to a backup area)
3) replace the logo files into the autostart folder (as per new install of MyStuff)
4) restart toppy
... MyStuff goes through all its first time installations and scans...
5) re-apply settings
6) copy back mei files for recorded files
7) reload EPG (RT2MEI)

and now all is working fine - So I've no idea what had upset MyStuff so much as to make crash like that. I still have the old config files and folders if anyone feels the urge to analyse...

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Apr 2007 Posts: 168 Location: Sweden
The screensaver has a tendency to crash on the TF5700PVRt HDMI (any firmware revision). After the box has been in pause mode for a while with the screensaver active, the screensaver may "disappear", leaving the box frozen with a blue overlay on the picture and the only way to recover is to reboot. Disabling the screensaver in MyStuff prefs lets the box remain in pause mode reliably.

Autoload TAPs: Power Down / TF5000Display / eit2mei - mei2archive - DescriptionExtender / MyStuff / TAP Commander (always the latest version of everything)
rexley
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Jul 2007 Posts: 17 Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire, UK
I have a bit of a problem with what I can only assume is MS at the moment. My setup is as documented in my sig and suddenly in the last couple of days every time I try and view the archive the toppy crashes and if left alone goes through a reboot cycle which also causes all the channels to disappear. The consequences then are the channels have to be re-scanned and the archive is inaccessible. Nothing has changed in my config, the only thing which it seems to correspond with is our recording of a program on BBC Four 'Kingdom of the ice bear'.

Could this be something in the archive which has become corrupted? If I start the toppy with the TAPs disabled (zero pressed) then I can access the archive as normal and the program under suspicion is viewable. However if I then start the TAPs manually via TAPCommander the problem reappears.

I would really appreciate it anyone can shed any light on this.

Sig generated by MyInfo on 13/5/09
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:43 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Try reinstalling MyStuff. Backup everything then delete all MS related files (the manual has a list). Then start from scratch. If the basic install works then add back in your FavLists, CTs etc, a few at a time and see if you can narrow down a file causing the issue.

HTH

CW

dazbear
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 May 2007 Posts: 42
Hey guys

Is there an updated logo file to include channel 4 + 1?

If so, where can I get it?

Ta
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
my website, see my sig.

CW

pjtoppy
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Feature request on recordings

It would be nice if you could add green 'markers' to recordings automatically.
Ones at the start and end would be best and ones every 15 or 30 minutes,
or a configurable period?

Hope that makes sense - it's so you can use the yellow key during
playback without having to fast-forward all the way through.

Thanks for the great job you've done so far.

Cheers PJ
glenmcfar
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
you can already configure the coloured keys to jump any time period you like

Glen