Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 43 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
gomezz
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:08 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3877 Location: Buckingham
danb77 wrote:
Please could you implement a "smart delete" for CT recordings?
Only if it was very, very, very difficult to turn on accidentally with a zillion "are you sure you want to do this" messages Sad

delboyuk
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2005 Posts: 568 Location: Winchester Transmitter: Rowridge
danb77 wrote:
Feature Requests? I have a feature request?

Please could you implement a "smart delete" for CT recordings?

I would like, for example to record the channel 4 new every day, but delete the previous recording as soon as a new one is recorded, or record Simpsons every day, but only ever keep the last 5 recordings on disk.

This would be a useful feature to me. What do others think?

Yep, this is a feature i have asked for in the distant past. I used to own a TiVo and made extensive use of this functionality. Bring it on.....(please, please, please....). Crying or Very sad

HD PVR: Humax HDR-FoxT2
[Profile last updated 09Jan2012]
BobD
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:21 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4189 Location: Nottingham
dvbgeek wrote:
Internationalization? Laughing In my book, aside from fixing bugs like the hang-on-playback-or-resume problem, making MS aware of non-English characters (and treating them correctly in searching and file naming) would be the most wanted addition right now. If such an "internationalization" turns out well, I'd also suggest proper localization (i.e translations and time/date formatting adapted to your language) as a feature request for a future version, possibly done through text files that the user can create and edit much like the already implemented channel lists.
Nope, its not Internationalization. Sorry!

To be honest, from my point of view that would be very low priority, as I would get no benefit from it at all.

Most of the features we put in are ones that I, SWMBO or members of the Team can see some benefit from (including ones suggested on the forum, which tend to get sponsored by one of us).

Hence full language support (which would take a fair amount of work to do) is unlikely to happen til we are really bored. Quick fixes can be (and have been) added as and when noticed/needed of course.

The killer feature CW referred to, which is indeed a killer, can remain a secret for a while (at least until I've fully worked out how to do it, if not longer!)

Cheers

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
andygrunt
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
BobD wrote:

The killer feature CW referred to, which is indeed a killer, can remain a secret for a while (at least until I've fully worked out how to do it, if not longer!)

Clearly it's the oft' requested tea making function.

Three sugars for me Laughing

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quote
Brown or white?

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
andygrunt
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
BobD wrote:
Brown or white?

Just a drop, ta.

Go on... give us a clue...

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
BobD wrote:
Brown or white?

Brown only in coffee, surely? ... Does that mean it will make coffee, too?!! Laughing
BobD
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:39 am Reply with quote
andygrunt wrote:
Go on... give us a clue...
Nope Smile

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quote
To avoid cluttering this thread with speculation/begging/bribes, please post all speculation/begging/bribes about the new killer feature in this thread. Smile
jondurant
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Jun 2006 Posts: 90
BobD on a webpage somewhere... wrote:
If a timer (or a recording) covers more than one programme, MyStuff can now display the programmename, episode name and description for each programme

Does this means that back to back recordings (from different CT's as well?) will be automagically merged and two "virtual" recordings with padding shown in the archive?

If so fantastic as we have a lot of back to back recordings on BBC1, E4 etc and often find that the Beeb runs early and you don't realise until just after you delete the last watched recording and start the next one to find you've missed a minute or so Sad (E4 however always seems to be late - less of a problem given that their programmes finish early too and have an insane amount of ads in them!)

dedics
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Aug 2005 Posts: 310
Hi chaps,

I don't know if this has been mentioned before
but when you are playing a recording from archive and you press guide
repeatedly, you do not get passed to the toppy epg on the third press Which is what I have set up in the menu, it should be mystuff grid followed by now+next followed by toppyepg according to my setup.

It passes the chain along fine in normal operation, its just during playback it goes wrong.

Just thought I'd let you know it was happening.

dedics
seadog
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Jan 2007 Posts: 88 Location: I.O.W.
About a fortnight ago I noticed that instead of the usual 3 permanent recordings I've used for ages there were about a dozen none of which were programs I would dream of recording. O deleted the unwanted ones and when I checked a while later the spurious recordings were back agin. This repeated itself for a few days and some of the unwanted recordings recorded and were in the archive. I puzzled over it and decided to remove My Stuff and its associated Mei mate out of the Start up file. Since then I have had no spurious recordings - but I liked My Stuff and want it back. I am running on 5.13.40.

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5; QuickJump 1.66; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B5.6; FFWD v0.7; MHEG On/Off A3; (MHEG State Patcher V2);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 2/4/14
danb77
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
seadog wrote:
About a fortnight ago I noticed that instead of the usual 3 permanent recordings I've used for ages there were about a dozen none of which were programs I would dream of recording. O deleted the unwanted ones and when I checked a while later the spurious recordings were back agin. This repeated itself for a few days and some of the unwanted recordings recorded and were in the archive. I puzzled over it and decided to remove My Stuff and its associated Mei mate out of the Start up file. Since then I have had no spurious recordings - but I liked My Stuff and want it back. I am running on 5.13.40.

It sounds like you have unwanted control timers. I recommend you reinstall MyStuff and read through the manual. This will tell you all about ControlTimers, one fo the best features on MyStuff and not too hard to get to grips with.

If you still have problems feel free to post again.

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
danb77 wrote:
It sounds like you have unwanted control timers.

MyStuff also gets the programme information completely wrong if the programme is quite short (which happens a lot with kids stuff).

Also, you can check which CT generated which timer by highlighting the timer in the MyStuff list of timers and then pressing > until you get to the CT section. The generating CT will be highlighted (and won't necessarily have anything in common with the timer info, if the programme is a short one, as above).
seadog
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Jan 2007 Posts: 88 Location: I.O.W.
Thanks dannb77. When you say reinstall My Stuff, is it sufficient just to put MyStuff back in to the Start up file or do I need to get a fresh copy and replace the old one??

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5; QuickJump 1.66; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B5.6; FFWD v0.7; MHEG On/Off A3; (MHEG State Patcher V2);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 2/4/14