Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 42 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
dvbgeek
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Apr 2007 Posts: 168 Location: Sweden
Playing a recording through MyStuff's archive will often result in a few seconds of video, then it freezes and the Toppy 5700 throws an error - if the recording was encrypted it will ask "Please insert the card", if the recording was unencrypted or decoded, it will say "No transmission or encrypted". This is especially common and predictable when resuming playback on a partly played recording.

Pressing the blue button (jump back 10 seconds) will start playback from 10 seconds earlier and will then play the file cleanly to the end.
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
dvbgeek wrote:
...then it freezes and the Toppy 5700 throws an error...
5700? What's one of those then?

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
andyrogers
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
Hyde

I belive the 7000 is the Aussie HD version of the toppy. If it is this version of the toppy dvbgeek is refering to.

See http://www.topfield-australia.com.au/news.asp?newsID=36

Andy

Last edited by andyrogers on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Ah, good spot, cheers Andy. So perhaps a typo then on the 5700?

In that case we'd need someone with experience of how that model and the Australian method of handling LCN's is conducted. We have no access to that model so it's almost impossible to say how MyStuff might interact with it. Sorry Sad

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
Can I suggest a small change to the way scrolling through lists like the Archive works? At present, if you are displaying the second page of the list with the highlighted entry anywhere down the list then pressing << will show the first page of the list and highlight the top entry. This behaviour extends to when you are displaying the first page, and the list scrolls to the last page with the top entry highlighted. This means that accessing the first entry in the list (for example) is rather confusing and tricky if you happen to be on the first page. If you're on the bottom entry, for example, you have to use Up a lot to get there. Can I therefore suggest that a press of << scrolls if the highlighted entry is the top one, and otherwise it moves the highlight to the top entry? Ideally, pressing >> would do the opposite (highlight the bottom entry first, then scroll), although I notice that this would require a bigger "User Experience" change (because it currently highights the top entry).

I've just read that back and I do hope it's slightly clearer than mud! Smile

Edit: I've just noticed that if you're, say, displaying the last entry of the second page at the top of your current view, then pressing << scrolls to the first page, with a huge chunk of entries missed out between the scrolled views. So I guess the above suggestion should be modified to highlight the top entry, then scroll to the top of that entry's page (if it isn't already). Or something like that. Smile
andyrogers
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
Hyde

It could also be this toppy http://prylportalen.mkf.se/ArticlePages/200703/06/20070306154023_MKF331/20070306154023_MKF331.dbp.asp

Can't find much when i google on this particular model.

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I think the poster was referring to the TF5700PVRt, which is a Swedish model, I think.

http://www.i-topfield.com/product_e/pr_feature.asp?cb=DTR&cm=PVR&pn=TF5700PVRt
dvbgeek
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
I think the poster was referring to the TF5700PVRt, which is a Swedish model, I think.

http://www.i-topfield.com/product_e/pr_feature.asp?cb=DTR&cm=PVR&pn=TF5700PVRt

Yes, it is a Swedish model, though my box is an even newer model with 250GB HDD and HDMI interface using hardware scalers (upscaling SD to HD) that was introduced early this year. It is not listed on Topfield's official site but it is distributed by Topfield's official distributor here. You'll find more information in my signature. The exact name of the box is TF5700PVRt HDMI. There are some differences to the non-HDMI box since several TAPs that are reported to work fine on the regular TF5700PVRt do not work or even crash on the HDMI version.

Playing a recording on this box through any TAP (MyStuff, MediaManager...) is highly likely to produce an error as specified in my previous post, most often within 10 seconds but it may happen later on during playback. However, playing the same file without TAPs loaded or even just through the built-in Archive by pressing the Archive button twice, will never produce the error and the file will play cleanly the whole way through every time.

Autoload TAPs: Power Down / TF5000Display / eit2mei - mei2archive - DescriptionExtender / MyStuff / TAP Commander (always the latest version of everything)
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
dvbgeek wrote:
Yes, it is a Swedish model, though my box is an even newer model with 250GB HDD and HDMI interface using hardware scalers (upscaling SD to HD) that was introduced early this year. It is not listed on Topfield's official site but it is distributed by Topfield's official distributor here.

It is listed, if you know how to find it (i.e. they don't appear to be very good at links!). I posted this link in the thread asking for a HDMI Toppy for the UK:

http://www.i-topfield.com/product_e/pr_spec.asp?cb=DTR&cm=PVR&pn=TF5700PVRtHDMI#p
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
A suggestion about setting timers when the Toppy's timer list is full... One-off timers are logically higher priority than CTs (since they are set manually and cannot be automatically recreated). They appear to be handled that way in most of MyStuff -- apart from when you've run out of timer slots. I'm often trawling through a list of films to record, only to be met by the "too many timers set and no CT timers suitable for swapping" message -- probably because I'm trying to set a timer well in advance. Sometimes I can get round this by temporarily excluding a nearby CT in the EPG or setting a CT on the film and restricting it or fixing it later, but it's a faff. I think it would be good if the "one-off timers have priority" concept was extended to them taking priority over the latest set CTs (regardless of when the one-off timer is being set for). I can see how there may be worries about a lot of one-offs excluding imminent CT timers, but that could be avoided by ensuring that the earliest CT timer(s) are never excluded in this way (which is practically the opposite logic of what happens at the moment!).
birdman
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1680 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
May I request that it be possible to file one-off recordings to a folder? At the moment I can only see this ability for CTs.

This would cover the current request for all Films to autofile to Films.

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.5
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9298 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Already implemented in NextGen Cool Might be a while before you see it though Crying or Very sad Bob is working on a killer feature Very Happy

CW

delboyuk
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:46 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2005 Posts: 568 Location: Winchester Transmitter: Rowridge
chunkywizard wrote:
.....Bob is working on a killer feature Very Happy

CW

You MS guys are such a bloody tease..... Laughing Del

HD PVR: Humax HDR-FoxT2
[Profile last updated 09Jan2012]
danb77
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:04 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
Feature Requests? I have a feature request...

Please could you implement a "smart delete" for CT recordings?

I would like, for example, to record the "Channel 4 News" every day, but delete the previous recording as soon as a new one is on disk, or record Simpsons every day, but only ever keep the last 5 recordings on disk.

This would be a useful feature to me. What do others think?

Last edited by danb77 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
dvbgeek
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:08 am Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
Bob is working on a killer feature Very Happy

Internationalization? Laughing In my book, aside from fixing bugs like the hang-on-playback-or-resume problem, making MS aware of non-English characters (and treating them correctly in searching and file naming) would be the most wanted addition right now. If such an "internationalization" turns out well, I'd also suggest proper localization (i.e translations and time/date formatting adapted to your language) as a feature request for a future version, possibly done through text files that the user can create and edit much like the already implemented channel lists.

Autoload TAPs: Power Down / TF5000Display / eit2mei - mei2archive - DescriptionExtender / MyStuff / TAP Commander (always the latest version of everything)