Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 40 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
KennyT
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Feb 2006 Posts: 244 Location: NW London
Dunno if this has already been requested or dismissed but is there a solution to the problem where, having set a CT for a prog, the EPG data isn't updated correctly (resulting in 'No Information' for the specified timeslot) and the programme doesn't get recorded.

It happened with Corrie last week and I got very suspicious looks from SWMBO!

So, would it be possible, when scanning for CTs, not to disable the record times if the EPG becomes empty?

Did that make sense?

K

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10373 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
KennyT wrote:
Dunno if this has already been requested or dismissed but is there a solution to the problem where, having set a CT for a prog, the EPG data isn't updated correctly (resulting in 'No Information' for the specified timeslot) and the programme doesn't get recorded.

So, would it be possible, when scanning for CTs, not to disable the record times if the EPG becomes empty?

Did that make sense?
What you mean by the request makes perfect sense (and would stop me getting an ear bashing when House doesn't get recorded too!) I'll leave it to BobD for input on whether it's achievable. I suspect it would take a lot of work for a relatively small return, as CTs work by searching ahead through the EPG info, and they have no concept of a repeat interval. If the EPG has never been there, then there's never been anything to find.

You could always set a non-CT weekly timer Shocked ... and then we get back into the debate about relative priorities for one-shot timers vs CTs, as you'd presumably want the CT to take priority over the one-shot when EPG information IS available (i.e. most of the time), and only fire if the EPG data was missing.

Julie
(standing back to avoid the flying shrapnel)

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
KennyT
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:02 am Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
What you mean by the request makes perfect sense (and would stop me getting an ear bashing when House doesn't get recorded too!) I'll leave it to BobD for input on whether it's achievable. I suspect it would take a lot of work for a relatively small return, as CTs work by searching ahead through the EPG info, and they have no concept of a repeat interval. If the EPG has never been there, then there's never been anything to find.

You could always set a non-CT weekly timer Shocked ... and then we get back into the debate about relative priorities for one-shot timers vs CTs, as you'd presumably want the CT to take priority over the one-shot when EPG information IS available (i.e. most of the time), and only fire if the EPG data was missing.

Julie
(standing back to avoid the flying shrapnel)

I think I'd be happy (for now!) if it coped with where a particular CT had been successfully set up during one scan but was in danger of being removed on a subsequent scan. At least you could have some confidence that it would still be recorded. At the moment, you can look through the upcoming timers on say monday, see that House is set to record the coming thursday, only for it to be lost because of an EPG 'hole' on thursday afternoon...

K

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:05 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
KennyT wrote:
At the moment, MyStuff deletes timers set by CT if the EPG data changes. The idea behind this was to free up the tuner to record something else.

However, we'll modify it such that the timer won't get deleted if the EPG info is replaced by a "No Information" slot.

BB

KennyT
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:07 am Reply with quote
Bawbagg wrote:
At the moment, MyStuff deletes timers set by CT if the EPG data changes. The idea behind this was to free up the tuner to record something else.

However, we'll modify it such that the timer won't get deleted if the EPG info is replaced by a "No Information" slot.

BB

That's what I call service! Very Happy

K

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Bawbagg wrote:
pc1962 wrote:
Cheers Baws I appreciate that as OK in the N+N doesnt work for me.

Here ya go, I think these should be the relevant sections:
Code:
Now & Next/Detailed Channel List
B1: Display channel logo in Now & Next/DCList title=Yes
B2: Display extra gap below Now & Next=No
B3: Display Now & Next on channel change=Yes
B4: Now & Next display duration (seconds)=7
B5: Now & Next auto display duration (seconds)=7
B6: Number of extra programs on Now & Next=2
B7: Number of extra programs on extended Now & Next=15
B8: Display descriptions for extra programs=No
B9: Expand Now&Next to display full program information=No

Now & Next Chain
C1: Select view on first press of the Now & Next key=Normal
C2: Select view on second press of the Now & Next key=DCList
C3: Select view on third press of the Now & Next key=Off
C4: Select view on fourth press of the Now & Next key=Off
C5: Activate Now&Next chain from arrow keys=Yes

Keys
L1: EPG chain activation key=Guide
L2: Now & Next chain activation key=List
L3: Archive key=Archive
L4: Timer key=White
L5: Archive Description Toggle key=PiP Switch
L6: Extended Info key=Info
L7: Resume Playback key=Slow
L8: Jump To Start key=Text
L9: Jump To Next Episode key=PiP
L10: Jump To PrimeTime=Text
L11: Resume/Restart Playback from Archive keys=OK/Play
The crucial one is C5, this setup works well for me (and is easily handled by Mrs BB Wink ), but YMMV. I should also note that I have a Harmony remote, and have the keys mapped for Toppy and VirginMedia V+ PVR such that they operate in pretty much exactly the same manner.

HTH.

BB

Cheers mate...sorted... Very Happy

PC
andygrunt
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
I think this is a feature request rather than a request for help cos I don't think this is possible at the moment but I'd be happy to be corrected.

I know I can select various sets of channels to be displayed in the EPG but I have my list of favourites there and don't usually need (or want) to change them. However, there are occasions when I want to switch to a channel that's not in my list of favourites and if I don't happen to have the channel number memorised, it's a pain to get to the list of all channels in order to flick over to it.

At the moment I have the 'List' button activate the 'Extended Info' screen (in option K6). The trouble is that I never use this screen so the List button is wasted. So, in the same way I have the 'Native Toppy' archive screen appear on the 3rd press of the Archive button, I'd like the option for 'List' to show the native Toppy 'All Channels' screen (or a prettier MyStuff equivalent).

Thanks.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Favourite lists can be switched in the EPG view by pressing Opt and scrolling left or right. Is this what you mean?

CW

andygrunt
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
Favourite lists can be switched in the EPG view by pressing Opt and scrolling left or right. Is this what you mean?

CW

No. I mean being able to press the 'List' button and having a screen appear that lists all channels (and allows you to select one) e.g. the native Toppy 'All Channels' screen that appears when MS isn't running.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Pressing the OK button brings up the Toppy 'All Channels' screen in my setup.
andygrunt
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
glenmcfar wrote:
Pressing the OK button brings up the Toppy 'All Channels' screen in my setup.

D'oh! Embarassed

Mine too, thanks.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
No bother. It has to be said though, I have no need for the native list, I just haven't got a use for the OK button (YET!)
dvbgeek
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:25 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Apr 2007 Posts: 168 Location: Sweden
moley6knipe wrote:
sanecyclist wrote:
dvbgeek wrote:
The "/" character will display but since it is not a valid Windows character I can not make a logo with the correct channel name so a logo can´t be assigned to this channel.

I'm not sure about this, but I think I've read that you can name the logo by LCN instead of channel name.

Don't know if that would work - IIRC the TF5800 is the only DVB-T Toppy that uses LCNs.

The 5700 (which is a slightly modified 5000 IIRC), does use LCNs as it is required by the Swedish DTT monopoly - they don't want users to be able to change channel positions since it might complicate things for their support department. Confused

However, while it might make the logos display correctly, it won't make the channel names display correctly in the Description Area or other parts of MyStuff that displays the channel name in plain text (like the channel selector in timer settings).

Right now, Swedish characters display correctly only in programme information (title, description) but not in channel names, and you can't input them in Control Timers or file names which sort of limits the usability of CTs on this box... Smile
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
dvbgeek wrote:

Right now, Swedish characters display correctly only in programme information (title, description) but not in channel names, and you can't input them in Control Timers or file names which sort of limits the usability of CTs on this box... Smile

Not sure how easy this is to code but how about this as a work around. We map all swedish extra characters to the english equivilent, ie 'Västerås' maps to 'Vasteras' (I reckon this would have to be an option as it would increase searching time). Not sure if Bob is willling to do the work but we can look at it. If this would work can you supply all Swedish characters and their codes?

CW

dvbgeek
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:26 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Apr 2007 Posts: 168 Location: Sweden
If the Toppy uses ISO-8859-1 or -15 encoding, these values should suffice:
å = 0xE5
ä = 0xE4
ö = 0xF6
Å = 0xC5
Ä = 0xC4
Ö = 0xD6

I'll take a look at the Freeview.mei file as well to make sure eit2mei doesn't remove the Swedish characters in channel names (but that only affects display, it doesn't affect the CTs in any way).