Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 38 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
mike.hinson wrote:
Hi,
I have made 9 additions to the "MyStuff Feature Request Wiki"

I would be pleased for any feedback on the use of this list. Has it proved to be of any benefit to the MyStuff Team, or is it just duplicating their own existing list? Can I make it better in any way?

Anyone is free to edit it if want.

I have not been able to find any responses for the following feature request posts so I will move the older ones to the "Features Not Likely to be Implemented" section if that is ok?
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94690#94690
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90574#90574
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95614#95614
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95385#95385
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95553#95553
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96400#96400
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97550#97550
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=98351#98351
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100622#100622
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=101648#101648
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103102#103102
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103299#103299

Thanks,
/\/\

Mike,

the list is great, we are not using our internal one any more, we use the wiki. Please keep it up, and, if we miss stuff (like you flag above) let us know!

Cheers

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Quote:
Evening,

Does that mean there is no reason why, (programming permitting,) when selecting a file to play, that it should be possible for MyStuff to start the playback from the actual program start? That is, automatically jump the pre-padding. - A nifty feature!

One to add to the ever-growing list.

Colin

Not sure this make sense, the idea of padding is because you don't really know when the programme starts so by doing this you may miss the programme beginning and have the jump back (just like you would do if you start the programme from the beginning).

CW

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
chunkywizard wrote:
Not sure this make sense, the idea of padding is because you don't really know when the programme starts

I think the solution in this case is to set one of your coloured buttons to skip forwards the same amount as your normal pre-padding.
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:49 am Reply with quote
yep, that's a good idea,

CW

gmiles
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Feb 2006 Posts: 109 Location: Emley Moor
mike.hinson wrote:
gmiles wrote:
Would it be feasible in a future release to have message generated when a recording fails with details of why i.e. no tuner, program clash etc
Just updating the feature request list & i can't understand this one...

the only reason a recording can fail to be set is because it is already recording 2 things isn't it?

Are you asking for some sort of diagnostic function?

/\/\

Now & again a timer will fail to record for no apparant reason & it would be helpful to know why, so yes it would be sort of diagnostic

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
gmiles wrote:
Now & again a timer will fail to record for no apparant reason & it would be helpful to know why, so yes it would be sort of diagnostic

You can run FpLogger to help with that. It will also prompt you when you turn the Toppy on and it spots that a recording may not have happened. But I think DeadBeef's efforts on this are beginning to lead us to a solution (to the scenario where a Toppy crash hasn't caused the recording failure, at least).
digital
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
chunkywizard wrote:
Do you have any other CTs which are higher priority that could set the F1 programmes on ITV4? A quick way to check it highlight one of the ITV4 timers and arrow right and it will highlight the CT which set it when in wither of the CT screens,

Sorry, should have said I had tried that and it's the F1 CT which is setting it.

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
digital
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:59 am Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
If you press Rec whilst in Playback then the Toppy copies what you are watching to a seperate file. This allows you to copy just a part of it, rather than edit down the original.

I don't recollect pressing Rec and the copying was still going on after 9/10 hours. I don't have any recordings to copy which are anywhere near that long either, but anything's possible I suppose!

bellissimo
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 May 2005 Posts: 1997 Location: Reading
I have noticed that if you start a copy (by pressing Record during a playback, which is possible by accident, which I have done a couple of times), then if you subsequently stop the playback, then the copy continues indefinitely. This is undoubtedly a Toppy bug.

Not sure what the copy is actually doing though when there is no playback Confused

Media Manager, Font Manager, Super PiP link: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~bellissimo
digital
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
bellissimo wrote:
I have noticed that if you start a copy (by pressing Record during a playback, which is possible by accident, which I have done a couple of times), then if you subsequently stop the playback, then the copy continues indefinitely. This is undoubtedly a Toppy bug.

Not sure what the copy is actually doing though when there is no playback Confused

Thanks, that makes sense of what happened (except I don't remember pressing Rec, but that doesn't mean I didn't!).

Ex_Sailor
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Dec 2005 Posts: 240 Location: Cambridge
CW:
Evening,

Quote:
:
Evening,

Does that mean there is no reason why, (programming permitting,) when selecting a file to play, that it should be possible for MyStuff to start the playback from the actual program start? That is, automatically jump the pre-padding. - A nifty feature!

One to add to the ever-growing list.

Colin

Not sure this make sense, the idea of padding is because you don't really know when the programme starts so by doing this you may miss the programme beginning and have the jump back (just like you would do if you start the programme from the beginning).

CW

The original thinking behind this was:
Prior to the actual recording taking place, it's start time is an estimate; however, once it has been recorded and on disk, it should now be possible to identify the actual exact start of the program, (possibly using the code snippets written to identify advert breaks) and then just 'dump' the un-needed first few minutes, (and thinking about it, the last few minutes), which might, or might not correspond to the amount of pre & post padding, depending if the program starts on time or not.

I guess this would involve post-processing of the recorded stream, which maybe ideally be the function of another Tap rather than MS, by processing all recordings to 'Top & Tail' them and hence save disk space and having a program list which shows Program Name and 'actual' program length.

Regards,

Colin
moley6knipe
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
Here's the thing though. If you fill even a 160Gb drive, surely there isn't enough life to watch everything on there?

I put a 400Gb drive in, and it's now half full of things I'll never watch!

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5617 Location: Cheltenham
It's not really about using it for catchup, it gives you choice when 'there's nothing worth watching'.
cttc
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:35 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2007 Posts: 80 Location: Australia
Suggestion: Can you support multiple Genres, comma/semi colon/whatever delimited. eg "Film, Comedy" "Sci-Fi, Series". At present it doesn't seem to parse anything except Film on its own. This could allow better searches in a future version.

Suggestion: Can you have an option that adds the (episode) to all displays of that program name in the various views (it only shows on one so far). On the same line I mean.

Problem: It doesn't seem to handle word wrap without spaces, causing descriptions to not be displayed correctly if they don't have spaces. eg
"one,two,three,four,five,size,seven,eight,nine,ten,eleven,twelve,thirteen,fourteen,fifteen,sixteen,seventeen,eighteen,nineteen,twenty,twentyone,twentytwo,twentythree,twentyfour,twentyfive,twentysix,twentyseven,twentyeight." will not display correctly.

Great work by the way!
sanecyclist
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:10 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
cttc wrote:
Problem: It doesn't seem to handle word wrap without spaces, causing descriptions to not be displayed correctly if they don't have spaces.

Web browsers don't seem to handle that well either, so your example has now widened this page far beyond the width of my display. Shocked

Have you come across programme descriptions like that? I don't think channels ought to be doing that.