Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 36 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5889 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Kind of, but not a MyStuff bug. Cool

The Toppy API doesn't allow for a TAP to know when the Toppy blats it's own osd over the TAP osd. So it's a Toppy bug Sad

Work around is to put the Toppy into standby and answer No to the Toppy power off osd. If you've got MyStuff handling the power-off I'm not sure what happens though. You might have to try the switch to standby a couple of times perhaps.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
Just
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 22 Jan 2007 Posts: 147 Location: Northants
I had a timer (set by a CT for F1) to record the qualifying early this morning on ITV3 which didn't fire.

Is there a way I can tell what was responsible for it not happening - I am not sure if it was anything to do with MyStuff but thought it would be the logical place to start.

Other: PC Server with ToppyPC and FTP
flacan
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quote
The feature I am missing most is one that would limit automove target folders in size and delete unwanted files accordingly. Ideally, it would allow to set: [i] the maximum number of records, [ii] the maximum time since recording and [iii] a limit to the folder size, but I would be content to see just one of the 3 rules implemented...
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Just wrote:
I had a timer (set by a CT for F1) to record the qualifying early this morning on ITV3 which didn't fire.

Is there a way I can tell what was responsible for it not happening - I am not sure if it was anything to do with MyStuff but thought it would be the logical place to start.

Hi Just,

The way MyStuff works is it uses the standard Toppy method for firing timers, so you are right, it should not be MyStuff's fault. That is unless your CT did not match the programme. Did you see the programme being flagged in the EPG or timer list ahead of time? Just check that no spurious spaces have crept into the CT name.

If you definitely had in captured by the CT then look at the FPLogger thread and this might help...

CW

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5889 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Just wrote:

The most common cause is the Toppy getting it's knickers in a twist, usually accompanied by flashing dots on the front panel display as you switch the unit to standby. A power off from the mains for a few seconds usually sorts this out.

I'm assuming that your F1 timer has worked in the past? If it's the first time you've attempted this then it's worth reviewing your CT settings. Look for where it's searching for the F1 string, and that you don't have any extra spaces, before/after the string. This is best checked by looking at the CT summary info at the top of the Archive whilst that CT is highlighted. You might for example see something like "F1 " instead of "F1".

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9277 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
flacan wrote:
The feature I am missing most is one that would limit automove target folders in size and delete unwanted files accordingly. Ideally, it would allow to set: [i] the maximum number of records, [ii] the maximum time since recording and [iii] a limit to the folder size, but I would be content to see just one of the 3 rules implemented...

Interesting idea. We have something like this coming along with the recycle bin. This limits by length of days it has been in the bin and free dsik space left. I suppose the idea could be extended to folders. I will chat with Bob...

CW

digital
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:38 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
Repeatable on both my box and my daughter's:
ITV1
Press Text
Press OK
Immediate reboot.

It's only started in the last few days and happens on Channel 4 also.

Anyone any ideas?

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
glenmcfar
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
I tried it too. Reboot. Not sure MyStuff thread is correct place to discuss it.
meadfoot
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Posts: 193 Location: Solihull, England
digital wrote:
Repeatable on both my box and my daughter's:
ITV1
Press Text
Press OK
Immediate reboot.

It's only started in the last few days and happens on Channel 4 also.

Anyone any ideas?

This is already being discussed the the Bugs forum. Nigel mentioned it last Wednesday evening.

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8212

Its nothing to do with the excellent Mystuff (or indeed any other Tap)

Rog

Sig generated by MyInfo on 2/7/13
Black Cloud
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Sep 2005 Posts: 297 Location: Brentwood Transmitter: Crystal Palace
flacan wrote:

I would love to see this, too.

Corrie and EE pile up, often unwatched because Madame Technophobe is home in time to watch them live. TBH I could survive with just one of the options mentioned.

Meanwhile, I am not bothered about a recycle bin, but if there is one, it should definitely empty itself automatically after a period of time.

chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Black Cloud wrote:
Meanwhile, I am not bothered about a recycle bin, but if there is one, it should definitely empty itself automatically after a period of time.

The bin will be optional (ie you don't have to use it at all) and will empty either when a disk space threshold is met or will delete recs after that have been in the bin for X days,

HTH

CW

glenmcfar
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Chunkywizard - So will the hard disc info (100GB, 75hrs, 5min etc) show the remaining disc size WITH or WITHOUT the items in the recycle bin?
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote
With, otherwise you won't know when you are running out of space...

CW

Black Cloud
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Sep 2005 Posts: 297 Location: Brentwood Transmitter: Crystal Palace
Black Cloud wrote:
flacan wrote:

I would love to see this, too.

Corrie and EE pile up, often unwatched because Madame Technophobe is home in time to watch them live. TBH I could survive with just one of the options mentioned.

Thinking further about auto deleting, perhaps it could be done through the timer settings? There could be an Expiry field, default NEVER, but adjustable to one week or one month. Then MS could simply check all files once per day to see if any had expired and move them to the recycle bin to await deletion. Easier to impliment perhaps?

This would be similar to Panasonic DVD/HDD recorders where weekly timers have the option to record over last weeks episode if it still exists.

digital
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
meadfoot wrote:
Its nothing to do with the excellent Mystuff

Ah!

Grovelling apologies to BobD et al!!

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11