Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 34 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
gmiles
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Feb 2006 Posts: 109 Location: Emley Moor
Thought I would check my mei files after reading this thread and they seem to match the number of recorded programs even though I sometimes delete using the Toppy archive. Strangely though anything recorded befor March 2007 has a datestamp of 2003 Question Question

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:50 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5887 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
The 2003 date stamp is a Toppy firmware bug where earlier firmwares didn't bother time stamping files created by TAPs. Recent firmwares now handle this correctly. I guess you've got some older recordings still to watch Wink

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
pc1962
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to bang on about this, obviously it would seem that there is not much demand for this feature but it seems the most intuative method of using the remote to me, by all means correct me if I'm wrong. If even 1 person replies to this I promise not to mention it again! But...

Would it be possible to use the "OK" button to pull up the EPG and then select the channel you want using the "OK" button, not unlike the SKY Digital remote? I see at present I can pull up the N&N with the "OK" but can't select a channel.

TIA
PC
paul1612
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Dec 2006 Posts: 6 Location: Reading, Berkshire, UK
Agree 100% , having the OK button bring up the EPG would be great ?.
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9276 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
pc1962 wrote:
Sorry to bang on about this, obviously it would seem that there is not much demand for this feature but it seems the most intuative method of using the remote to me, by all means correct me if I'm wrong. If even 1 person replies to this I promise not to mention it again! But...

Would it be possible to use the "OK" button to pull up the EPG and then select the channel you want using the "OK" button, not unlike the SKY Digital remote? I see at present I can pull up the N&N with the "OK" but can't select a channel.

TIA
PC

if you do this you can not have consistancy because we allow the key to select the EPG work when other screens are displayed for example, if you are viewing timers and you want to go to the EPG then you just press Guide. Because OK is used to select things in most screens then you can not have it jump to the Guide screen. To allow MS to work as you want would mean re-coding and blocking inter screen jumps - hence why it hasn't been done.

Sorry,

CW

bellissimo
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 May 2005 Posts: 1997 Location: Reading
You could always have an option for an 'alternate' key for bringing up the EPG (this could then be any key).

Media Manager, Font Manager, Super PiP link: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~bellissimo
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9276 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
bellissimo wrote:
You could always have an option for an 'alternate' key for bringing up the EPG (this could then be any key).

Yep, we could. I think the main issue is Bob is busy coding other stuff, have you seen the new features recently Wink
http://www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml

CW

gomezz
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3873 Location: Buckingham
Geoff_W wrote:
Since 5.21a I haven't been able to resume any part-viewed recordings, no matter which way round I have the Play/OK or OK/Play option set. I have to set a bookmark if I expect to return to a recording. Bit of a bummer after a 'Check your Reservation' message, though.

I too have this problem. Has anyone any further news or ideas on this behaviour?

bellissimo
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 May 2005 Posts: 1997 Location: Reading
chunkywizard wrote:

...have you seen the new features recently Wink
http://www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml

CW

No, I had not. Very interesting. Good to see Bob is not taking it easy Cool

And a recycle bin and a quick delete menu to boot. Not before time Wink

Media Manager, Font Manager, Super PiP link: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~bellissimo
pc1962
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
pc1962 wrote:

TIA
PC

if you do this you can not have consistancy because we allow the key to select the EPG work when other screens are displayed for example, if you are viewing timers and you want to go to the EPG then you just press Guide. Because OK is used to select things in most screens then you can not have it jump to the Guide screen. To allow MS to work as you want would mean re-coding and blocking inter screen jumps - hence why it hasn't been done.

Sorry,

CW

Thank you CW,

Fair point, but I was refering to using the OK from when normally viewing a channel and then again to select and change channel, not from anywhere within another menu which obviously would create problems if the key is mapped for other purposes. In such a case then the EPG key would have to be pressed.

It just seems to me to be a better alternative to pulling up N&N with the OK button and not being able to select to switch channel.

Cheers
PC
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote
gomezz wrote:
Geoff_W wrote:
Since 5.21a I haven't been able to resume any part-viewed recordings, no matter which way round I have the Play/OK or OK/Play option set. I have to set a bookmark if I expect to return to a recording. Bit of a bummer after a 'Check your Reservation' message, though.

I too have this problem. Has anyone any further news or ideas on this behaviour?

I am sure this has been brought up before, but I can't remember the answer! Have you checked for rogue .lnk files? Also are you definitely on 5.21a?

CW

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5887 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Wasn't the issue before where someone had tested the TAP out running it manually from ProgramFiles and then moved it to Auto Start. That created two MyStuff.dat files and that confused the hell out of MyStuff?

Might just be worth checking for more than one copy of MyStuff.dat Confused

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
simonc
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5617 Location: Cheltenham
Quote:
Pressing Green on a CT in the Archive will take you to a list of all timers that were set by that CT
Excellent. The final obviously missing feature gets added Very Happy
gomezz
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3873 Location: Buckingham
chunkywizard wrote:
gomezz wrote:
Geoff_W wrote:

I am sure this has been brought up before, but I can't remember the answer! Have you checked for rogue .lnk files? Also are you definitely on 5.21a?

Only the two .lnk files: dat.lnk in \Program Files\Settings and msdat.lnk in \Program Files\Settings\MyStuff along with the only copy of MyStuff.dat

I did a little ad hoc testing and it seems to only be a problem when there is another recording in progress but this could be a poisson rouge.

Bawbagg
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:51 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
pc1962 wrote:
Hey PC,

I also wanted something like this, however I'm satisfied with an alternative we came up with - which is to use the arrow keys to bring up the N+N box, and you can then scroll through the channels/programmes in N+N, and OK will change to the channel you want.

I'll post my options if you are interested.

BB