<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 31 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
andygrunt wrote:
Whadyathink?

It's a good idea, and something that many people have suggested, but BobD has said in the past that he's not happy with fiddling with .rec files too much and would rather leave that to other TAPs. Hence MyStuff does not update the .rec header with the proper programme information, and mei2archive is recommended. However, MyStuff can move .rec files automatically into folders, so I suppose that's quite similar. Incidentally, MyStuff's automatic filing into folders prevents mei2archive fixing the .rec headers -- which is a little ironic. Smile
andygrunt
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
chunkywizard wrote:
Already done Cool

Great! I presume it's in a future version and not just me going mental and not spotting it in the current version right?

[Edit] Just read your edit. Looking forward to it.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Posts: 205 Location: Solihull, England
Using firmware 5.13.40 just tried running eit2mei tap on its own and it created 3 files

eit2mei.mei - 1.974M
Freeview.mei - 1.974M
Freeview.mei.written - 1K

Then I put MS tap in autostart and powered off on on

Same happened as before 6 interations of "loading..." and crashes.

Then deleted the 3 eit2mei produced files and tried again with the same result.

Don't know what to try next, the only thing I can think of is copying off the last few recordings and formating the hard disk but this seems a bit extreme.

One thing I've noticed is that the Auto Start dir is as just spelt ie with a space between the o and S and capitals A & S = should there be a space?

Sig generated by MyInfo on 2/7/13

'I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand' Confucius
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Yep, Auto Start is right. Of the recordings you have, do any have any puctuation in, if so what are the filenames?

CW

moley6knipe
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 863 Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK
meadfoot wrote:
One thing I've noticed is that the Auto Start dir is as just spelt ie with a space between the o and S and capitals A & S = should there be a space?

There should, your folder name is correct.

Delete the lot off and install the full 4 tap MS download package as per the included readme. Should work fine. It's been tested to death. DELETE EVERY LAST THING FROM THE AUTO START FOLDER BEFORE YOU REDOWNLOAD AND INSTALL.

Sorry, there's been loads of posts on here from people that say "I've deleted everything" only to mention the things they didn't delete four pages later Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3891 Location: Buckingham
moley6knipe wrote:
Delete the lot off and install the full 4 tap MS download package as per the included readme. Should work fine. It's been tested to death. DELETE EVERY LAST THING FROM THE AUTO START FOLDER BEFORE YOU REDOWNLOAD AND INSTALL.

Which I and others *have* done: Factory reset, no TAPs, no other files OF ANY SORT in the Program Files and Auto Start directories, download the package more than once, followed the install instructions to the letter and ... it just reboots, again and again and again ...

I know you are finding it difficult to believe as so many others have had succes with it, but it is plain we are all missing something vital.

BobD
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4198 Location: Nottingham
gomezz wrote:
moley6knipe wrote:

Which I and others *have* done: Factory reset, no TAPs, no other files OF ANY SORT in the Program Files and Auto Start directories, download the package more than once, followed the install instructions to the letter and ... it just reboots, again and again and again ...

I know you are finding it difficult to believe as so many others have had succes with it, but it is plain we are all missing something vital.

OK, so if someone is always in this position (reboot whenever MS loads) and has some free time on Wednesday (hopefully) then let me know, and we can debug it to find the problem. I'm hoping to have some free time on Wednesday, but tomorrow night might also be good.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9306 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
I believe you, but I would really like to know what's going on!

How many recordings do you have and do any of them have punctuation in?

CW

meadfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Posts: 205 Location: Solihull, England
THINK ITS FIXED !!!

CW wrote
Quote:
Yep, Auto Start is right. Of the recordings you have, do any have any puctuation in, if so what are the filenames?

I had a dir in prog files called "24/Time Team/CSI" - its the 1st one I created way back in 2005. I now renamed it without the slashes

WELL MS has done an EPG run and it comes up OK !!!!

BIG THANKS to ALL who gave their time and effort in trying to find a solution.

Now all i've got to do is to copy back the removed recordings and to customise MS when i've had a day or two to get the feel of it.

Thanks again, I honestly never thought it could be fixed and even if I had re-formatted I probably would have used the same dir names.

Thanks again its amazing what help can be found in these forums.

Regards Rog

PS Better change my sig now !!

Sig generated by MyInfo on 2/7/13

'I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand' Confucius
gomezz
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
How many recordings do you have and do any of them have punctuation in?

I have 71 recordings and many of them do have various punctuation in the names:-

' (single quote)
_ (underscore)
- (hyphen)
: (colon)
. (period)

And perhaps most relevantly, in light of what meadfoot has just posted, a couple of sub-directories with a / (forward slash) in them. So is the / the only one I need to get rid of?

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5953 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
I'd start with the forward slash, the others should be OK. But the proof of the pudding... as they say Wink

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
trogon
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 06 May 2006 Posts: 85 Location: Nailsea, Bristol
mcgillca wrote:
Over the last week or so, I have had three instances of crashing the Toppy when accessing chase play from MyStuff 5.21a.

The first two were accessed from the archive menu - selecting the currently recording file and pressing "OK" (set up to start from the beginning of the file for me).

The third was using P+/P- to change channel - going to a currently recording channel normally moves to the beginning of the file.

In all three cases, this resulted in the same impact - a blank screen for a couple of seconds before causing a crash and a Toppy reboot - and the dreaded 0Mb file.

This is an intermittent bug - the only pattern I've observed is that it only crashes when I try and watch something I really want to see! Evil or Very Mad All test recordings work just fine... Laughing

Anyone else finding the same thing?

Colin

Hi

I've had a similar event to this twice in one night last week. Slightly different though. Went to do a chase play and the toppy appeared to hang. At the top of the screen it said "pause" in a lozenge in the position the toppy shows live when you stop a chase play and return to live.
TF display at the same time almost stopped scrolling but moved at about 1 character every seconds or so. I pressed pause on the remote to come out of pause and toppy crashed and rebooted with VFF. Lost that recording. An hour or so later same thing happened. This time I power cycled the toppy and it's not happened since.
I use chase play pretty much daily so wasn't doing anything different to usual.
But as this was a one off I didn't report it at the time. Other than that all has been working fine.

gomezz
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
I'd start with the forward slash, the others should be OK. But the proof of the pudding... as they say Wink

I thought you would say that. It is getting a bit late now, so I would not want to get too over-excited by getting MS to work just before I should be in bed ready for an early start at work tomorrow. I will try it tomorrow evening.

Thanks to everyone for all your time, thoughts and patience.

clifhanger_uk
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Hi. New Toppy user Very Happy and just installed my first TAP Razz MyStuff. What a piece of work! Amazing how much fuctionality you have in this program. Well done and thanks.

Anyway, its taking some time but with the help of the manual Im slowly getting used to the keys and the general fuctionality that I want to use.

Its generally easy but my suggestion was to have some of the basic use keys (rename, delete, move etc) noted in the bottom bar. As you have in EPG (+24 etc). I realise difficult to have many, but I find that in Archive they are particularly tricky to remember.

Alternativly, any suggestions as to how to easily remember keys for main program areas (EPG, Archive etc).

Thanks, and keep up the great work..

Clifhanger_uk
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quote
clifhanger_uk wrote:

Alternativly, any suggestions as to how to easily remember keys for main program areas (EPG, Archive etc).

Thanks, and keep up the great work..

Clifhanger_uk

How about printing out the key sections from the manual and laminating?! We do plan at some point to put more help in there but are currently working on much more interesting things! Just remember usually the keys do similar sorts of things, eg White mostly deletes, Ok mostly selects, Yellow mostly moves, Recall mostly jumps to the beginning etc.

HTH

CW