Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 30 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
meadfoot
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 19 Jul 2005 Posts: 199 Location: Solihull, England
Right,

I've cleared everything away leaving nothing in the Autostart dir or Prog files dir.
Deleted a lot of recordings leaving 32 recording in 5 dirs.
Downloaded Mystuff521a.zip from BoBDs site again.
Powered down for 2 mins.
Booted up as a virgin Toppy (no taps) (without using the 0 key)
Ran memorywatch - showed 32M memory, 20.2M free & 19.7M available.
Free disk space around 97M
Removed memorywatch tap and rebooted clean with no taps (without using the 0 key)
Put MS tap, eit2mei tap and the 2 logo files into Autostart.
Rebooted.

MS displayed "Creating folders,moving files" etc in the centre, then started displaying "loading..." at top left and after 6 interations rebooted and did a verify, then "loading..." again and rebooting.

Rog

Sig generated by MyInfo on 2/7/13
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Loading = Load all the variables from MyStuff.dat, load Freeview.mei if there is one, and if not initiate a channel scan using eit2mei, load all mei files from previous recordings made with MyStuff if there are any.

I think that's it.

If you've got more than 1 MyStuff.dat it'll cause problems.
If you've got stray .lnk files from previous installs, that'll cause problems.
If you've got duplicate channels that'll cause problems.
If the Toppy hasn't initialised the f/w properly, that'll cause problems (factory reset required).

IIRC, that's it Smile Wink

Back tomorrow now. I need some sleepp ZZZzzzzz Shocked

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
MarkG
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 673 Location: UK
Regarding Channel 31 - this isn't ITV2+1 here either but I have put that down to not re-scanning after the two new Channel 5 channels were launched.

The only downside I can see is that I don't get the new channels (but I'm not sure how much of a downside that is!).

MG

gomezz
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3877 Location: Buckingham
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
initiate a channel scan using eit2mei
That one has me intrigued. The eit2mei TAP did start Ok when I tried it manually (before trying to manually start MS itself for the first time) but is this enough to trigger it to do a channel scan? If not, is there a way to make it do one?

I am thinking that something may be causing an unhandled hardware exception which leads to the reboot. Now what might do that? Illegal memory reference is a usual suspect.

mstombs
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Dec 2006 Posts: 670
meadfoot wrote:
Rebooted.

What about Description Extender and Remote Extender Taps, I know mystuff works without RE, but doesn't it need DE?
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:49 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
No it doesn't need it, but with out DE you do not get half of the descriptions so it's recommended. Here's one think to try. Install v4.5 first and then try to install 5.21. Note you will have to clear ProgFiles again but might be worth a try. Also, try installing *just* MS ie no logos, no extra TAPs and see if it makes it through the installation procedure. One thing that is new in the .zip is Remote Extender, I added that quite recently. I don't think that is the problem anyway. BTW, IIRC there have been thousands of downloads on 5.21a from the website and you are the first people to report this problem so I reckon it is something esoteric!!

CW

spiky
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Oct 2006 Posts: 1 Location: Alderley Edge, Cheshire, UK
Finally fixed this problem on my Toppy.

The steps I used were:
1. Deleted the *.mei files in the toppy Program Files directory using Altair
2. Restart the toppy
3. When MyStuff starts up it detects the files are missing and initiates it's own scan - I pressed Exit to stop it.
4. Run eit2mei tap manually and get it to scan the channels - wait 30 minutes for it to finish
5. Restart the toppy - Cross fingers and all was okay (for me)
bdon
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:41 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 09 Jun 2006 Posts: 30 Location: N. Kent
meadfoot wrote:
Right,

I've cleared everything away leaving nothing in the Autostart dir or Prog files dir.
Deleted a lot of recordings leaving 32 recording in 5 dirs.
Downloaded Mystuff521a.zip from BoBDs site again.
Powered down for 2 mins.
Booted up as a virgin Toppy (no taps) (without using the 0 key)
Ran memorywatch - showed 32M memory, 20.2M free & 19.7M available.
Free disk space around 97M
Removed memorywatch tap and rebooted clean with no taps (without using the 0 key)
Rebooted.

MS displayed "Creating folders,moving files" etc in the centre, then started displaying "loading..." at top left and after 6 interations rebooted and did a verify, then "loading..." again and rebooting.

Rog

I had this exact prob. some time back, turned out to be an illegal character in a Prog. file ie "/" (there are others) removed that and MS loaded ok.
HTH
Don

Last edited by bdon on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

TAPs: PcControl B1; Jag's Little Clock 1.2; MyStuff 6.5; MHEG On/Off A3; crid v0.06d support for 5.13.65; TAP Commander 1.32; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.49; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 12/10/13
birdman
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1645 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
chunkywizard wrote:
No it doesn't need it, but with out DE you do not get half of the descriptions so it's recommended.
Is that true if I'm using a MyStuff.mei file created from the RT WebSite?

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.5
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
I was talking about Freeview.mei not MyStuff.mei. To clarify, if you wish to see full descriptions and are using eit2mei for your MEI data source you need DE. If you use a RT generated MEI then you will see full descriptions and do not need DE.

HTH

CW

mcgillca
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 May 2005 Posts: 57
Over the last week or so, I have had three instances of crashing the Toppy when accessing chase play from MyStuff 5.21a.

The first two were accessed from the archive menu - selecting the currently recording file and pressing "OK" (set up to start from the beginning of the file for me).

The third was using P+/P- to change channel - going to a currently recording channel normally moves to the beginning of the file.

In all three cases, this resulted in the same impact - a blank screen for a couple of seconds before causing a crash and a Toppy reboot - and the dreaded 0Mb file.

This is an intermittent bug - the only pattern I've observed is that it only crashes when I try and watch something I really want to see! Evil or Very Mad All test recordings work just fine... Laughing

Anyone else finding the same thing?

Colin
pc1962
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Hi all,

Okay, after much needed help from CW re the channel 31 problem I thought I ask for a little feature request while here!

Im sure this has probably been asked for before , so i apologise in advance if thats the case, but........

Would it be possible to use the "OK" button to pull up the EPG and then select the channel you want using the "OK" button, not unlike the SKY Digital remote? I see at present I can pull up the N&N with the "OK" but can't select a channel.

TIA
PC Very Happy
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quote
mcgillca wrote:
This is an intermittent bug - the only pattern I've observed is that it only crashes when I try and watch something I really want to see! Evil or Very Mad All test recordings work just fine... Laughing

Anyone else finding the same thing?

Colin

Arn't they just the worse sort of bugs? Rolling Eyes I haven't *any* crashes in chase play but I only use it a couple of times a week.

CW

andygrunt
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
Implementing a Recycle Bin type functionality could be useful. Something along the lines of...

When the user deletes a file via MS, it gets moved to a hidden 'bin' directory (disappearing from the archive view). If the user decides he didn't want to delete the file he'd choose undelete from, erm, somewhere (a new option on the archive screen perhaps) and MS would show all the files in the bin, allowing the user to select one to undelete then move the file back from the bin to the archive.

When MS starts up it would check the bin and delete any files deleted after 'X' number of days (set in options). I guess MS would also need to automatically delete files in the bin if space was very tight.

Whadyathink?

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Already done Cool

CW

[Edit] Actually I should probably qualify that... it's in testing. We had a very hairy moment yesterday where MS started deleting stuff that wasn't in the bin! It will need a bit more testing before it's ready. As always no idea when it will hit the streets.