Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 5.21a Bug and Feature Posts Only

Page 26 of 80
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9282 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
R2-D2 wrote:
Feature request Could the list of Timers also include the currently recording timers, too? I know they appear on the Archive, but it would be helpful to see them on the Timers list, too, so you can easily spot potential clashes without having to jump between the two lists.

Hi R2,

when a timer has fired it is no longer a timer really hence why it is shown in the recording list! If you wish to show timers and recordings in one view I use the Grid EPG which is good for seeing clashes.

HTH

CW

sanecyclist
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
R2-D2 wrote:
Feature request Could the list of Timers also include the currently recording timers, too? I know they appear on the Archive, but it would be helpful to see them on the Timers list, too, so you can easily spot potential clashes without having to jump between the two lists.

Or you could take it a step further and unite the archive and timer screens into one recordings screen that contains past, present, and future recordings. I think iGuide does that.
simonc
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5617 Location: Cheltenham
If you do that, you've got to make sure that it's really obvious which are pending recordings.
sanecyclist
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Yep, but I think a different colour for the text or the background would do the job.
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12149
sanecyclist wrote:
Or you could take it a step further and unite the archive and timer screens into one recordings screen that contains past, present, and future recordings.

I've already suggested that one! Sorted by name and description would be great for spotting duplicates and excluding timers. Even better if MyStuff kept a record of everything you ever recorded (a bit like MeiSearch does). Smile

But I think (despite what CW says) that it would be handy to have the active recordings on the timers list since they influence what you can do to adjust or add to your timers. Conceptually active recordings are both playable recordings and timers, no matter what the actual implementation is.
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
sanecyclist wrote:
I had suggested this feature before, calling it "mark timers", and a few other people thought it was a good idea.

Ah right -- sorry! I had a look through the Wiki, but not a complete search

Quote:
PeteY pointed out at the time that exclude timers do pretty much what's required, so control timers would only need to be able to generate those.

I think exluded timers have a good deal of extra overhead in management, whereas marking EPG entries after loading the data (or updating the CT) would seem to be something that could be quick and easy (like films are marked, for example).
sanecyclist
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
Ah right -- sorry! I had a look through the Wiki, but not a complete search

Don't worry, I didn't mean to tell you off. And what would you search for anyway. I ought to have added the request to the Wiki, but Mike has added yours now, so that's great.
andygrunt
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
This is an odd one. For the second week running I've had two CT timers recording the same channel simultaneously.

I have a CT for 'Never Mind the Full Stops' (8:30pm on BBC4) and a lower priority CT for 'The Day Today' (9pm BBC4). Both last week and tonight I happened to check the recordings at around 9:01 and found the two timers running at once, one recording the end of the first show and the second recording the second show. Also on both occasions I've pressed the 'stop' button and stopped the recording of the first show. Last week I could watch both recordings no problem and I assume the same will be the case this week. [EDIT: Yes I watched the 2 shows afterward ok.]

I've not seen this behaviour before but it's happened twice in a row on the same shows now. Is this a bug?

Last edited by andygrunt on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 06 May 2006 Posts: 41 Location: Cheshire
I had that with 4.54 here and IIRC there were a couple of others who reported similar shortly after.

I think it's just a Toppy thing rather than an MS one.

Model: TF5800PVR(160GB). Firmware: 5.13.40 Autostart: MyStuff 5.21, eit2mei beta 7.8, Description Extender 2.1, Remote Extender 1.5, TF5000 Display 1.29, MeiSearch 1.0, Super PiP 0.8 Others: HDD Info, ChannelRemover, TAPCommander 1.0 Beta 3Tx: Winter Hill
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quote
andygrunt wrote:
I have a CT for 'Never Mind the Full Stops' (8:30pm on BBC4) and a lower priority CT for 'The Day Today' (9pm BBC4).

I've only just discovered what lots of people know on here: the Toppy wants to prevent you making overlapping recordings on the same channel, even though it's perfectly capable of doing them. This means that MyStuff will only usually succeed in setting the timers if the padding between them is removed. It appears to be a Toppy "bug" that very occasionally it will allow such timers to overlap (so you get the full padding on both).

If your CTs are reproducible then maybe the MyStuff team (or others) can monitor what's going on and see if there's anything special happening. Out of interest, I've set the same CTs to see what happens next week. At the moment the padding has been removed and I can't manually adjust them without the "Duplicate Reservation", but I think that at some point before next week MyStuff will try to adjust the timers and the Toppy will accept the change.
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5952 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Good Luck Wink

The MyStuff team has been there before Wink Wink

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97149#97149

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
andygrunt
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 401 Location: Bristol, UK
R2-D2 wrote:
Out of interest, I've set the same CTs to see what happens next week.

Just in case it matters, I have 1 minute of padding before shows and 5 mins after. You may want to match it for those shows in case it makes a difference.

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:31 am Reply with quote
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
The MyStuff team has been there before Wink Wink

And CW has reproduced it. But has anything useful been learned? I think the connection to CTs is that MyStuff (in default configuration) is more likely to fiddle around with these timers and try setting them with complete padding. Eventually the Toppy accepts this -- maybe depending on something else happening at the same time? Once the timer is set and has all its padding then it will seem to stick, unless something major happens to cause them to be deleted and reset (such as running out of real timers). Obviously BobD knows the logic around this area, which might help in analysing the situation where the Toppy accepts the timers. FpLogger is useful in seeing roughly when timers are deleted and successfully added, but maybe an activity log from MyStuff would be the best way to analyse this. Is something like that available/planned?
marcus
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 02 Apr 2005 Posts: 46
From this week all The Bill episodes are now titled,e.g The Bill:sweet revenge

Now mystuff 5.21a will not setup CTs on any bill episodes tomorrow or next week, i've tried all the match settings.

All my other CTs are ok

I don't know if this is an isolated problem,so could someone please test there CT on The Bill.

Thanks

Marcus
UKJames
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 25 Location: Hampshire (Rowridge TX)
marcus wrote:
Now mystuff 5.21a will not setup CTs on any bill episodes tomorrow or next week, i've tried all the match settings.

Check to see if your CT has a space at the end of the search text. If it does, delete it and you should be good to go.

James